Senior Full-Stack Engineer at SafeBase
About the role
SafeBase is an interactive security portal for sharing your security posture and automating access to sensitive documents. We help software companies gain customer trust through a security status page.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who thrives in the early stages of company building and is eager to hit the ground running from day one. As an early hire, you will have significant responsibility and influence over our product and tech stack. You will be working closely with the founding team to deliver exciting experiences for our customers.
SafeBase is a Y Combinator backed startup. We raised $2M+ in funding from top tier Silicon Valley VCs. Our company is headquartered in San Francisco. Due to the remote nature of our company, we emphasize independence and ownership.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Plan, design, and implement features in our web app, both front-end and back-end.
- Build and integrate new architecture, frameworks, technologies and everything that makes great software.
- Communicate with our customers to understand their workflow and their needs, and translate those into a seamless product experience.
- Work closely with the founders and shape the future of our engineering practices as an early engineer.
- 3+ years' experience as a full-stack engineer in an agile development environment.
- Experience with design, implementation, and testing of complex, secure, and scalable web applications.
- Significant experience with full-stack development and technologies - ES6, TypeScript, Node.js, React, Docker.
- Experience with modern full-stack web application frameworks like Next.js, Express, Prisma, GraphQL.
- Experience working in an agile development team and operating a CI/CD pipeline.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - previous experience as an early joiner in a technology startup or evidence that you are scrappy with a "get-it-done" attitude. You thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Experience with our tech stack - Next.js, Prisma, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Apollo Server, Postgresql, Cypress, Jest.
- Experience with microservices.
- You are passionate about cybersecurity and making everyone's data safer. We help businesses design and operate an efficient security program so they can achieve their goals while protecting their customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Competitive social benefits
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Work-from-home workstation setup budget
Why you should join SafeBase
SafeBase's Status Page empowers you to display and share details about your security program early in the sales process. Stop wasting time to answer repetitive questions, look for the correct documents to email, and sign NDAs. Our status page makes sure all your prospective customers know everything they need before security assessment becomes a roadblock.
As an early hire, you will have significant responsibility and influence over our product and tech stack. You will be working closely with the founding team to deliver exciting experiences for our customers. We are looking for someone who thrives in the early stages of company building and is eager to hit the ground running from day one.
Our company is headquartered in San Francisco and our R&D center is in Israel. Due to the remote nature of our company, we emphasize independence and ownership. For the time being, we work from home with flexible hours.