Sandbox Banking (https://sandboxbanking.com) is looking for an exceptional software engineer who wants to reshape how innovative software is integrated in the financial services industry. We have rapidly growing revenue, are backed by Y Combinator (W17), and have raised seed capital. We are a remote team with employees across the continental US.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Sandbox is a universal adapter for banks. It provides financial institutions (FIs) a better way to integrate fintech software with their existing systems.
US regional/community banks and credit unions are looking to overhaul the digital experiences they deliver to customers. Increasingly, they solve this challenge by sourcing software from fintechs — new companies that specialize in building and operating financial services software. Unfortunately, distributing new software to FIs has historically been a long and painful process because of data security and system integration hurdles.
Sandbox empowers FIs and vendors to quickly and safely build new integrations — our Glyue application lets anyone who can use Excel formulas connect banking systems. Furthermore, the platform's fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides FIs with strict control over which people/software can access particular banking data and operations.
FIs and fintechs love the platform. FIs are able to quickly and cost-effectively leverage cutting-edge solutions without compromising on integration; fintechs don't need to spend time and money on activities outside of core product development and distribution.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team — your impact will be meaningful
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- You'll be joining a rocketship company with rapid revenue growth, a significant client base (40+ banks and credit unions), prestigious investors (e.g. Y Combinator, SixThirty, Startupbootcamp), and great unit economics. There are a myriad of benefits to working for a company that wins.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish
- Significant customer interaction
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter. Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You'll use a variety of technologies across our entire software stack
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live in the US)
- Salary and stock option compensation
- Your work will transform an entire industry
Our engineer will need to handle a variety of tasks:
- Build, maintain, and extend our Glyue integration platform
- Provide feedback about Glyue so it can be improved for internal and external users
- Construct unit and integration tests to help maintain our organization's high software delivery throughput
- Use JIRA to track development tasks, convey customer project statuses, highlight blockers, and communicate with teammates
- Write high quality documentation for both customer and internal use
- Perform basic AWS-based and on premise sysadmin work
- Identify and vocalize problems as they arise, especially in regards to data security
- Help solve a multitude of early-stage startup tasks
- Behave in a manner aligned with our high ethical standards
Successful applicants will need to possess certain specific skills and attributes:
- Proficiency with Python. Prior experience with the language is required, although our definition of experience is broad and would include undergraduate/graduate assignments, demonstrable project work, and coding bootcamps. Our hiring process involves technical interviews for which knowledge of Python is necessary.
- Proficiency with both Windows and Linux
- Understanding of basic software design patterns, unit testing, object-oriented language principles, functional language principles, and networking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong deductive and inductive reasoning abilities
- Ability to learn quickly from verbal and written information sources in a self-directed manner
- Highly organized and capable of tracking current status, blockers, and next steps across multiple projects
There are additional requirements related to logistics and behavior:
- Willingness to live and work in the US
- Ability to work from our office in downtown Boston, MA for at least two weeks at start of employment. Sandbox will cover travel expense for employee during this period.
- Legal authorization to work for Sandbox Banking. NOTE: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
- Willingness and ability to proactively collaborate with our customers and project managers. To succeed, this individual will need to constantly discuss/record/broadcast business processes and requirements. There are times when acquiring a single piece of critical information requires two or three conversations with different project stakeholders; this engineer must be unrelenting in such scenarios.
- Fanatical passion for delivering the best possible experience to users
- Willingness to re-prioritize work as product hypotheses and requirements change
- Obsession with code quality, design patterns, documentation, testing, and other aspects of software engineering that empower teams to maintain high productivity over time
- Team-first attitude coupled with an unrelenting desire to win
Experience in the following areas will be considered a bonus:
- Financial services programming (especially for banks or vendors)
- Early-stage startups
- Software integration projects
- SaaS product development
- Information security and regulatory compliance
Please email resumes, CVs, and other relevant materials to email@example.com along with a brief description of why you’re interested in the role.