Sales Development at Savvy
About the role
Savvy is building smart benefits wallets to solve one of the fundamental issues with US healthcare - inflexible & ineffective employer-managed health insurance. Enabled by new regulation in 2020, Savvy is building the first benefits platform to give employees total control over their healthcare.
We are looking for team members who are excited to build an entirely new product category from the ground-up in one of the largest markets in the US (insurance), and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We're looking to bring on our first sales-focused team member to drive outbound sales to mid-sized employers around the country. This is an opportunity to join a startup at an inflection point. Remote work, rising health costs, and new regs are driving more employers than ever before to rethink their health benefits.
You'll spend your time prospecting and generating qualified leads, with the hope that you'll transition to an AE after your first year. This is an ideal role if you'd like to join a company at the ground floor or lead sales at a high growth company one day. You'll be working directly alongside the CEO and leaders experienced driving technology sales.
- Identify and qualify new prospects
- Find creative ways to get in contact with leads and increase response rates
- Own initial relationships with prospects and explain the value in Savvy's employer health insurance offering
- Create and iterate on sales materials (email messages, pitch decks, etc.) to help leads understand Savvy's offering
- Qualify prospects into opportunities
You're a strong fit if:
- You've demonstrated excellence as an SDR for 12-24+ months but are ready for a bigger challenge
- You aren't afraid to pick up the phone and be scrappy to get in front of leads
- You're organized and can execute/improve a structured process. You sweat the details
- You are a superb writer and can craft empathetic and persuasive emails
- You have an opinion on the best software sales stack
- You hustle: move fast, work hard, and stay resilient. This will not be easy, but that doesn't scare you
- Please reach out and include a brief message about yourself and why Savvy excites you
Why you should join Savvy
What we are doing
Savvy is solving one of the fundamental issues with US healthcare - employer-sponsored health insurance. In the US, your employer chooses your healthcare. Everyone is failed by this arrangement - it is bad for employers, bad for employees, and bad for the entire healthcare system.
Countless health and policy experts identify this as one of the "original sins" of the dysfunctional US healthcare system. For the first time in US history, new regulations allow companies to offer tax-advantaged health budgets to employees instead of pre-selecting health benefits packages. Savvy is building the first benefits platform to facilitate this new way of offering health benefits.
It may sound small, but the implications are huge. When consumers control their budgets the market has to compete for their business. Employees get transparency, choice, and flexibility. It opens up a path for innovative new entrants to find early adopters and better aligns incentives for the entire healthcare system.
Where we are
We launched earlier this year and are seeing consistent weekly growth with minimal sales and marketing. We now have over 50 employers on the platform and are hiring to accelerate our growth. We are backed by Precursor Ventures and notable industry angels such as founders of One Medical and Indeed.com.
We are building our founding team team and hiring across all functions. Our backgrounds include schools like Stanford, Princeton, and Dartmouth. Our experience includes leading the insurance team at Primer AI, engineering leadership at Inkling, and McKinsey.
Employers do not want to be involved in their employees healthcare - and only do because a WW2 era tax loophole set a precedent that continues to this day. Employees want (and need) better healthcare options. We can deliver on both of these, and the opportunity in front of us is immense.
If this sounds interesting to you, please get in touch! Apply here or send an email to email@example.com.