Tech Lead - Nucleus at Scale AI
About the role
Scale helps companies accelerate their development of AI applications, and is building out one of the largest hybrid human-machine systems. We are looking for outstanding engineers to help build Scale Nucleus, an active learning data management platform for teams to improve their ML models by improving their data. Data is the new code—and while code is what sets apart good and bad software systems, data is what distinguishes great AI systems. Software IDEs have existed for decades; we are building the Dataset IDE for AI. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing systems that can scale to billions of data points with high performance.
You will be:
- Creating, building, educating, training and designing cloud computing architectures for our customers and internal teams.
- Creating abstractions of our core infrastructure which can scale to millions of humans and ML models working together.
- Work directly with our engineering and sales teams to create backend and infrastructure solutions to meet their challenging data and security needs.
- Propose, design, build, and deploy security improvements across Scale’s environments.
- Work with our advisors and third party vendors and auditors on security compliance, pen tests and mitigations.
- Build systems capable of handling millions of frames of data every day, making it available to both our workforce and our internal teams with high availability.
This role could be a fit if you have:
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer post-graduation
- Systems engineering experience with real-time and distributed system architecture.
- Experience building systems that process large volumes of data.
- Experience or interest in using the following: AWS, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Typescript, Node, Spark, Presto, Python (note that we are mostly language-agnostic and are open to using whatever is the best tech for the problem at hand)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
Why you should join Scale AI
Scale's mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications.
Scale is a vital part of bringing machine learning enabled technologies to the world, from autonomous driving to drones, robots and VR / AR. Our suite of managed labeling services combines manual labeling with best in class tools and machine driven checks to yield stunningly accurate training data. Scale is committed to continual innovation in combining humans with AI to prepare intelligent data, passing on these improvements to our customers (such as Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy) and powering a growing future of AI applications.
Scale's team consists of 120 people and 35 engineers of industry veterans from Dropbox, Google, Palantir, Quora, OpenAI and others.