Product Engineer - 3D/Computer Vision at Scale AI
About the role
Scale’s 3D Sensor Fusion team works with customers like Nuro, Lyft, Toyota, and many others that use LIDAR, Radar, and camera data to perceive the world. We support a range of use cases, from autonomous vehicles to robotics to AR/VR. We are looking for strong, entrepreneurial engineers to help us grow further and continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible in perception and computer vision.
In this role you’ll be given the opportunity to have a large amount of impact by working closely with our customers to discover what they need and build new solutions for them. We are looking for strong software engineer generalists who care deeply about impact and solving customer problems, and have an interest in supporting the AI development lifecycle.
- Work with our customers - some of the most sophisticated ML organizations in the world - to quickly prototype and build new 3D sensor fusion data products
- Build technologies ranging from frontend labeling software to automated ML systems
- Deliver experiments at a high velocity and quality, working closely with operations and ML experts to prove impact
- Work across the entire product lifecycle from conceptualization through production
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- 2+ years of hands-on engineering experience post graduation
- Demonstrated track record of building ambitious products
- Interest in working with AI technologies
Please note, this role is not open to new grads or interns at this time
Nice to haves
- Previous experience working in autonomous vehicles, robotics, or AR/VR
- Experience working at other API technology companies
About Us: At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at accommodations at scale.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Why you should join Scale AI
Scale's mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications.
Scale is a vital part of bringing machine learning enabled technologies to the world, from autonomous driving to drones, robots and VR / AR. Our suite of managed labeling services combines manual labeling with best in class tools and machine driven checks to yield stunningly accurate training data. Scale is committed to continual innovation in combining humans with AI to prepare intelligent data, passing on these improvements to our customers (such as Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy) and powering a growing future of AI applications.
Scale's team consists of 120 people and 35 engineers of industry veterans from Dropbox, Google, Palantir, Quora, OpenAI and others.