Engineering Manager at Scale AI
About the role
Our engineering team is growing rapidly, and we're looking for engineering managers to help us grow responsibly from both technical and people-related standpoints. In this role, you'll be given the opportunity to have a large amount of impact and autonomy. Ideally, you'll be able to grow as our company grows and be afforded the opportunity to lead larger teams as we scale. You could serve as a leader across a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to machine learning, frontend, backend, and DevOps.
- Be responsible for growing and developing a team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Set the direction of your team; anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful planning, both from a personnel and technical standpoint
- Foster a collaborative, ambitious, and outcome-driven culture that embodies our values.
- Partner with our People team to attract and engage top talent
- Use your strong technical background to discuss and guide on complex problems
- Use prior startup experience to help us grow responsibly
Nice to have:
- Experience in crowdsourcing
- Experience at other API technology companies
- Engineering or academic experience in machine learning and systems design
Why you should join Scale AI
Scale's mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications.
Scale is a vital part of bringing machine learning enabled technologies to the world, from autonomous driving to drones, robots and VR / AR. Our suite of managed labeling services combines manual labeling with best in class tools and machine driven checks to yield stunningly accurate training data. Scale is committed to continual innovation in combining humans with AI to prepare intelligent data, passing on these improvements to our customers (such as Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy) and powering a growing future of AI applications.
Scale's team consists of 120 people and 35 engineers of industry veterans from Dropbox, Google, Palantir, Quora, OpenAI and others.