Head of Business Operations at Scanwell Health
About the role
About Scanwell Scanwell Health is an app that turns your smartphone into a clinical lab. By pairing traditional lab tests with computer vision technology, we make it possible to test from the safety of home and get instant results, without having to send samples back to a lab. Our technology helps healthcare organizations provide better virtual care and improves access to diagnostics in low- and middle-income countries. Most recently, we’ve partnered with global medical technology company BD to power at-home testing for COVID-19.
About the job As the Head of Business Operations responsibilities includes designing policies, overseeing potential partnership relations, handling company finances, and implementing technology solutions. You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business.
- Collaborating with relevant parties to create/manage operating budgets
- Employing strategies to ensure the company’s growth & control company costs
- Generating financial reports
- Create presentations for board meetings and partnerships
- Effecting better business practices
- Managing marketing initiatives
- Maximizing operating potential to exceed customers’ expectations and company goals
- Formulate business strategy with others in the executive team
- Design policies that align with the overall strategy
- Implement efficient processes and standards
- Overseeing money handling, accounting, and bank processes
- Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. data protection)
- Manage contracts and relations with customers, vendors, partners, and other stakeholders Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
What we’re looking for: Strong operational background with 5+ years of Operations & Finance background. Demonstrable skills that translate to Scanwell's business needs Passion about building great internal organization experiences and being empathetic with our team, users, and partners.
Bonus points for: Previous startup experience Experience in healthcare, medical devices, or related industries
Benefits -Remote company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA with match
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Charitable donation matching
- Stipend for home office setup and food delivery
Scanwell Health is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Scanwell Health
Why you should join Scanwell Health
Scanwell Health makes healthcare more accessible through smartphone-enabled, at-home diagnostics. Scanwell's innovative approach lets people test from anywhere, skip the waiting room and get same-day results. By quickly diagnosing acute illnesses, chronic diseases, and rare conditions, Scanwell accelerates the path to treatment. Our first product is the only FDA-cleared over-the-counter app that provides testing and treatment for urinary tract infections (UTIs).