About the role
At SendBird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world. We have customers from over 150 countries around the world and serve a truly wide-range of use-cases across communities, marketplaces, on-demand services, games, and e-commerce.
We are working with some of the hottest (and the toughest) customers in every industry, and since graduating Y Combinator in 2016, SendBird has become one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley.
SendBird is headquartered in San Mateo, California and has its APAC office in Seoul, South Korea.
As a Solutions Engineer at SendBird, you are the technical voice of SendBird and its customers and partners. Your primary responsibilities are to help customers onboard quickly and successfully, and communicate customer needs back to the product team.
You accomplish this in the following ways:
- Building relationships with customers based on technical expertise with the SendBird product
- Listening to customers openly and learning about their business and technical needs
- Communicating the value and benefits of SendBird and its products to the customer
- Helping customers succeed with the conversational technology we provide
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Respond to technical questions from customers and resolve them quickly by implementing effective solutions that maximize SendBird’s value to the customer
- Gather customer feedback to help improve the product, while helping provide insights for the product roadmap
- Support and improve technical documentation and FAQs for a better developer experience
- Collaborate with technical and sales teams within SendBird
- A strong technical background
- Obsession with great customer experience
- Ability to provide custom solutions based on customer needs
- Empathetic communication skills, including strong empathy for customer needs
- Integration experience (application and server-side)
- Familiarity with general server architectureFamiliarity with mobile and web application development
- Software engineering experience or knowledge of at least one mobile platform (iOS, Android, React Native, Unity)
- Familiar with HTTP Methods for RESTful Services (Post, Get, Put, Delete)
- Ability to debug and learn new technologies quickly
- Strong project management skills
- Alignment with our 7 core values: https://sendbird.com/about
- Professional experience in a client-facing technical role (as a developer, consultant, etc.)
- Frontend and backend software development experience a huge plus
- Recognized/high karma account on developer communities (e.g. Stack Overflow, Hacker News)
- Ability to analyze overall industry and application trends
Why you should join SendBird
SendBird is the world's leading chat & messaging platform as service backed by Shasta Ventures, August Capital, ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global Management, and Y Combinator and have closed $102M Series B recently. We provide managed infrastructure, APIs and SDKs that enable developers to implement consumer-grade messaging experiences directly inside their own products.
76% of the world’s population uses a messenger app - that’s 5.8 billion users. SendBird is already the market leader in chat and messaging and we've tripled our revenue year over year. We are expanding our operations globally to continue serving the world’s most innovative companies like Reddit, NBA, Yahoo! Sports, and Delivery Hero.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
We are building the most scalable chat infrastructure. We manage over 1.5B messages per month from 100M monthly active users and support over 1M+ concurrent connections per application. We face exciting engineering challenges at scale over a globally distributed infrastructure.
Chat has become the most engaging tool for communicating in marketplaces, on-demand services, and online communities. Real-time chat increases direct communication between key users, leading to more transactions, higher user engagement and retention, and better conversion to key business goals. Building and maintaining a large-scale, globally distributed chat system is a massive engineering effort. That’s why innovative businesses use our technology. By using SendBird’s API, our customers are able to integrate real-time, massively-scaled chat and messaging into any application.
We’re the #1 chat and messaging API and SDK, powering in-app conversation for some of the world’s leading companies.