At SendBird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world. We have customers from over 150 countries around the world and serve a truly wide-range of use-cases across communities, marketplaces, on-demand services, games, and e-commerce.
We are working with some of the hottest (and the toughest) customers in every industry, and since graduating Y Combinator in 2016, SendBird has become one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley.
SendBird is headquartered in San Mateo, California and has its APAC office in Seoul, South Korea.
As a Solutions Engineer at SendBird, you are the technical voice of SendBird and its customers and partners. Your primary responsibilities are to help customers onboard quickly and successfully, and communicate customer needs back to the product team.
You accomplish this in the following ways:
- Building relationships with customers based on technical expertise with the SendBird product
- Listening to customers openly and learning about their business and technical needs
- Communicating the value and benefits of SendBird and its products to the customer
- Helping customers succeed with the conversational technology we provide
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Respond to technical questions from customers and resolve them quickly by implementing effective solutions that maximize SendBird’s value to the customer
- Gather customer feedback to help improve the product, while helping provide insights for the product roadmap
- Support and improve technical documentation and FAQs for a better developer experience
- Collaborate with technical and sales teams within SendBird
- A strong technical background
- Obsession with great customer experience
- Ability to provide custom solutions based on customer needs
- Empathetic communication skills, including strong empathy for customer needs
- Integration experience (application and server-side)
- Familiarity with general server architectureFamiliarity with mobile and web application development
- Software engineering experience or knowledge of at least one mobile platform (iOS, Android, React Native, Unity)
- Familiar with HTTP Methods for RESTful Services (Post, Get, Put, Delete)
- Ability to debug and learn new technologies quickly
- Strong project management skills
- Alignment with our 7 core values: https://sendbird.com/about
- Professional experience in a client-facing technical role (as a developer, consultant, etc.)
- Frontend and backend software development experience a huge plus
- Recognized/high karma account on developer communities (e.g. Stack Overflow, Hacker News)
- Ability to analyze overall industry and application trends