About the role
Are you passionate about making an impact on a business with a strong background in concept development, design, strategy and execution? If you’re motivated by solving real problems for real people then, you’ve come to the right place!
We’re looking for a Creative Director who will ultimately translate business objectives into results-driven, creative and inspiring deliverables. We're looking for someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who can leverage existing resources and capabilities in new and unique ways to achieve success. In a fast-moving environment, we need people who have a deep desire to radically own their impact and embrace the freedom and responsibility of it.
Sheertex makes the strongest pantyhose in the world. Don't just take our word for it—in 2018 we were named one of TIME's "Best Inventions"! Tens of thousands of customers have already been wowed by our growing range of products, from our bestselling Classic Sheers to our Reversible Crew Socks to Everywear Masks. We are a company that prides itself on using technology to advance a once stagnant industry. Through our initial start of creating a fiber that the hosiery industry had never used before to our ongoing push to automate our manufacturing processes; the journey of Sheertex has a common thread of striving to be innovative in our use of technology. Even our method of selling direct-to-consumer through our online channels was uncommon in the hosiery industry, and is just another way Sheertex does things a little differently.
As the Creative Director, reporting to the CRO, you’ll guide and lead all creative projects and you will drive the creative strategy and execution across all brand and marketing projects for all channels, along with developing our in-house creative team. With a strong background in concept development, design, strategy and execution, you will ultimately be expected to translate business objectives into results-driven, creative and inspiring deliverables.
What you can expect in the first 1-3 months: As you familiarise yourself with the company, brand and values, you will build, manage and oversee the execution of design practice to enhance and maintain an engaging and consistent look and feel across our products and messaging.
What you can expect in the first 3-6 months: With the creative strategy in mind, you will continue to gather creative insights and guide the development of effective, on-brand creative that delivers improved ROI. You will push the creative envelope, encouraging the team to deliver world-class concepts and take educated risks to connect with our stakeholders in unconventional ways.
- Leading the creative development of high-impact integrated marketing campaigns, brand messaging, and creative design across digital, traditional and non traditional channels;
- Leading the creative strategy to support business objectives on marketing initiatives such as campaigns;
- Gathering creative insights and guiding the development of effective, on-brand creative that delivers improved ROI;
- Pushing the creative envelope, encouraging the team to deliver world-class concepts and take educated risks to connect with our stakeholders in unconventional ways;
- Embracing a deep connection to current trends in the total marketing and media landscape, marketing trends, competitors and consumer needs;
- Interpreting briefs from internal stakeholders, translating their needs to create a creative vision, and communicating that vision to the executing team that’s bringing it to life.
- Working alongside Brand and Performance Marketing to ensure our branding is displayed in the best way possible;
- Inspiring the development of our talented team through creative mentorship, real-time coaching, and constructive feedback.
- Being a “culture creator” in creating a positive, respectful, inclusive working environment where your team and others thrive.
- 5+ years experience developing creative, innovative marketing strategies, rebrands or leading the development of brands;
- Experience leading a team, paired with strong leadership skills to steer an effective team, lead with passion, guide & coach the team on career direction, development, growth and performance;
- Hands-on experience in creative disciplines: design, copywriting and/or video production, a strong foundation in graphic design, typography, and language is preferred;
- Experience in leading brand development through omnichannel creative impact across omnichannel marketing (Social, Digital, Apps, Experiential, etc).
- Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills;
- Experience in providing creative quality control over concepts and execution;
- A strong foundation in graphic design, motion graphics, typography, and language;
- Passionate about a collaborative creative process, exploring multiple concepts for consideration and ensuring final creative output is always delivering on the business objectives;
- Ability to lead a project with multiple stakeholders, ensuring their multiple viewpoints are being considered and delivered upon, while staying true to the project objectives;
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Previous experience working in a B2C environment;
The retail industry is notorious for its lack of diverse representation, and we're very aware of the research showing that women and other historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway!
We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at Sheertex.