Fullstack Software Engineer at Shelf Engine
About the role
At Shelf Engine , our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste, which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
We are hiring a Fullstack Software Engineer who will play an integral part in designing a system that allows us to scale up our customer base while maintaining an ability to quickly engineer and deploy new features. You will develop solutions across broad areas, from mobile and desktop UX for our end users, to automated integration with other customer data systems, to our core storage systems and business logic. Our engineering team is small (but growing), so we’ll need you to flex your skill-set, working across the stack (TypeScript/C#).
This position is based in Seattle, WA, or remote.
As a Fullstack Engineer at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Write scalable/high-performance code on both the frontend and backend, understanding complex technical areas along the way
- Build efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Create software features that are robust, reliable, and user friendly for both internal teams and our customer base
- Run the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own
- Be able to balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
And, we think you'd make a great Fullstack Engineer, if you have:
- 3+ years of production-level engineering under your belt
- Experience developing and interfacing with REST APIs
- Experience building both web applications and mobile applications
- Familiar with the Microsoft stack: TypeScript/C#, Azure, MSSQL, etc.
- Knowledge of the following frameworks: Angular, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework (back end)
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Bonus Points: Experience in distributed systems, payments systems, logistics, warehousing, or the food (grocery, etc.) industry
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field, or equivalent experience
At Shelf Engine, you will join an inclusive team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry and have successfully built product and engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts. We're a tight-knit and passionate team that is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join Shelf Engine
At Shelf Engine, we replace the buyer at grocery stores. Buyers have a complicated job - they have hundreds or even thousands of SKUs to manage, and they have to determine how much of each type to order for each day of the week. This job is so difficult that most retailers have 30% waste for their highly perishable items! At Shelf Engine, we can halve that waste. In fact, we do such a good job determining quantities to stock, we'll buy back whatever doesn't sell. Interested? Get in contact - come help us cut food waste in half!