As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Software Development Engineer II - FrontEnd
Location: Remote in India
As a Software Development Engineer II - FrontEnd at ShipBob, you will be responsible for developing the culture of engineering excellence in our backend applications while at the same time aid in other parts of the development process, including but not limited to front-end development, DevOps, and databases.
What you’ll do:
- Establishes a culture of engineering excellence.
- Subject-matter expert for Vue JS/Node JS or any similar Component based Front end programming language.
- Writes correct and clean code with guidance; consistently follows stated best practices.
- Participates in technical design of features with guidance.
- Learns quickly and makes steady progress without the need for constant, significant feedback from more senior engineers.
- Makes steady progress on tasks; knows when to ask for help in order to get themselves unblocked.
- Able to own small-to-medium features from technical design through completion.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details.
- Ability to become self-sufficient in at least one large area of the codebase with a high-level understanding of other components.
- Capable of providing on-call support for their area, including systems that they are not familiar with.
- Gives timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers.
- Communicates assumptions and gets clarification on tasks up front to minimize the need for rework.
- Solicits feedback from others and is eager to find ways to improve.
- Understands how their work fits into the larger project and identifies problems with requirements.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
5+ years of experience
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Excellent programming skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Experience with large, highly transactional Relational DB systems or modeling and scaling large and complex NoSQL systems.
Experience with microservices and SOA architectures.
Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Ability to own medium or large, well scoped features and implementation.
A hands-on coding approach to engineering mentorship.
Experience in the following:
- REST API Development and Practices.
- Databases - Structured (SQL) Or Unstructured (Mongo, Elastic).
- Modern Frontend frameworks like React.JS, Vue.JS, Angular.
Nice to have:
- Experiences in decoupling monoliths into scalable service oriented architectures, fostering greater team autonomy and engineering velocity.
- Experience with distributed caches, storage frameworks and platforms.
- Experience with data warehousing, data lake and analytics technologies.
- A passion for QA and an understanding that testing is not someone else’s responsibility.
- Experience with Relational DB Design.
- Experience with Agile.
- Experience automating infrastructure.
- Experience automating build process.
Reports to: Manager, Software Development
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $330M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.