Full Stack Engineer at Shopscribe
About the role
We're now building a product for thousands of customers to love, and looking for an amazing full-stack hacker to help us build it (almost) from scratch. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup as their first technical hire, and work directly with the founders, potentially taking a leadership position down the line.
💻 The stack
On the frontend, we're using React ⚛️ and looking at React Native📱for a mobile application in the medium term. On the backend, we have some code in Express.js but we're mainly relying on Firebase for the moment. We're looking to build a new backend in Python🐍 or Node.js🌐 - would love to figure that out together!
🤟 What you'll be doing
- Taking the lead on our engineering efforts alongside our CTO, both on the frontend and the backend. This means taking ownership of implementing new features and resolving bugs throughout our stack.
- Building a new backend infrastructure that can reliably support our fast-growing customer base.
- Work with the product team to evaluate customer feedback and take action on it. This includes synthesizing new ideas that improve our key metrics, coming up with specs for new features and planning out their implementation.
🧑💻 You should apply if:
- You have experience with React, in a production environment (ideally 2+ years experience)
- You have strong experience with either Python or Node.js on the backend and have previously shipped high-quality production code (ideally 3+ years experience)
- You like to take ownership of your projects and have a strong user-centric mindset. You’re structured but also fast on your feet when changes happen. You're eager to receive and give constant feedback to your co-workers. You're passionate about supporting local shops!
🔥 What are we offering?
- A generous salary and stock options
- Possibility of working fully remotely for max 2 months every year
- Flexibility of working from home some days of the week (hybrid)
- Pick your own work laptop
- Unlimited holiday and bi-monthly team activities (go-karting, axe throwing, you name it)
- The opportunity of being part of an exciting story and growing fast with it; you won’t be tasked on just a tiny feature you’ll have ownership over large parts of our business and potentially will head our Engineering team as we grow.
- Join the next unicorn! 🦄🚀
Why you should join Shopscribe
At Shopscribe, we enable the 1.3M local shops in Europe – like bakeries and nail salons – to offer subscriptions for their products and unlock guaranteed recurring revenue. We're passionate about supporting independent shops, which have been hit the hardest by the pandemic!
We launched only 4 months ago and since then we've been backed by Y Combinator & Entrepreneur First, and just finished raising our seed round. Sifted recently named us as one of "eight European startups tapped by Y Combinator to become the next big thing in fintech."