Backend Sr. at Siglo
About the role
Siglo is the first startup in Latin America in search of offering the best internet with which we seek to improve the quality of life and connections of our users.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us grow and build Siglo's infrastructure in an accelerated manner, through innovation and technology.
You will enjoy being part of the next early-stage unicorn of LatAm and renew telecommunications and how communities build trust.
Years of experience: 3-5 years
- Develop features and improvements to Siglo’s products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within the Tech and Product team (Frontend,Product designer, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge about Python and PHP
- Python Frameworks like Django and Flask
- PHP Framework like PHPCake and Laravel
- Databases knowledge about PostgresQL and MySQL
- Knowledge in API REST and Microservices
- Knowledge about JSON and XML formats
- Attach GIT user to application
Nice to have:
- VUE JS
- Gateways Payments
Why you should join Siglo
Siglo is a wireless internet service provider for communities in urban Latin America offering a faster, better, and easier-to-pay home internet. We are a funded company and ready to grow. We are bringing on a few key people that are driven and want to contribute to our mission and goals of reimagining what a telecommunication company should look like!