We are looking for a Bio-Automation Intern to help us develop our multiplexed at-home diagnostics tool!
SiPhox, a Khosla Ventures, and Y-Combinator backed startup, is building a next-generation diagnostics platform that provides the power of large laboratory instruments in a handheld device that accepts disposable cartridges. Each cartridge can multiplex many biomarkers on a single $0.50 silicon photonic chip and provides a highly sensitive readout of immunoassays and molecular diagnostics. The sensor chips are made in standard silicon chip foundry processes and can be easily scaled to provide a billion tests per week. SiPhox is based in the Boston area.
We are looking for an automation engineer with strong software and robotics/automation skills to assist with the ongoing development of bio-automation for our R&D team. (A plus if you have a background in both biology and engineering.)
- Optimize SiPhox's fully-automated robotic systems, including calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of associated peripheral hardware devices (working with systems like the Opentrons liquid handler and automated microfluidic pumps)
- Architect additional modules of automation software in a user-friendly fashion
- Advise users on ways to incorporate automation into their lab workflow and
provide user-friendly solutions.
- Establish and manage standard operating procedures (SOP) for routine and standardized protocols
- Experience building full applications (front and backend) using object-oriented programming in Python
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with automation and control of hardware apparatus
What to Expect:
- Use first principles physics as a basis for every decision
- "Work on cutting-edge tech with a team of intelligent people from diverse fields, while being given disproportionate responsibility and exposure based on age/ school year." - JC, Stanford Undergrad
- "An experienced team invested in not only the company's goals but also interns’ development." - SF, U Michigan Grad Student
- "Opportunity to learn and grow in several disciplines, rare freedom to direct your own experimental/work course." - TS, Harvard Undergrad
- Full time
- Monday - Friday
- Occasional Weekend Work
- All Work On-Site
- 6+ months preferred