SiPhox, a Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator-backed startup, is commercializing next-generation diagnostics and label-free proteomics using Silicon Photonics, a platform technology for optics miniaturization that has revolutionized the data center industry over the last two decades. SiPhox's technology provides the power of large laboratory instruments in a handheld device that accepts disposable silicon photonic chip sensors.
SiPhox is looking for an Associate Research Scientist to participate in silicon chip-based lateral flow-like immunoassay development for a variety of applications.
- Immunoassay development and validation
- Development of antibody to nanoparticle conjugations
- Reagent QC (DLS, ELISA, electrophoresis, BCA)
- Usage of standard research equipment such as NanoDrop, incubators, autoclaves, centrifuges etc.
- Collect basic study data through monitoring devices and maintain daily logs/basic records of methodologies and test results.
- With supervision, summarize data and interpret results using descriptive statistics and basic hypothesis testing.
- May write standard operating procedures for documentation and make informal presentations of these procedures to others in the lab
- Perform literature searches and library investigations as they relate to the research and/or as assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Life Science, Chemistry or a related scientific field required
- Basic lab experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Should be comfortable summarizing and reporting results to researchers
- Must be trained in hands-on equipment maintenance
- Exhibit a demonstrated commitment to exceeding quality standards I.e. exceptional commitment to producing accurate and high-quality work
- Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and practiced documentation skills are required
- Must possess an awareness of basic safety issues as well as the ability to follow safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment