Sivo is looking for a Director of Marketing!
About the role
Sivo is looking for an experienced (not to mention, talented!) individual to join Sivo as Director of Marketing. You’ll lead the Company’s marketing strategy and efforts to achieve Sivo’s goal of dominating debt provision and business banking for fintechs, neobanks and gig platforms, worldwide.
Sivo achieved one of the highest valuations for a W21 graduating startup ($100M).
You will develop a deep understanding of our customers for why they use Sivo and leverage these insights to shape the business’s positioning and its future messaging to prospective customers. You will also work on competitive positioning, buyer personas, inbound content including our website, blog and social media, sales pitch materials, and marketing campaigns including email and PR.
As an exceptional product-minded leader and the first member of the Marketing team, you will report to the CEO and lay the foundation for Marketing at Sivo. As the company achieves scale, you’ll hire, coach and challenge a team to advance the groundwork you have put in place.
As a first marketing hire for Sivo, this role could be career defining.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target market, including buyer personas, essential uses cases, and customer needs
- Define marketing KPIs and goals that align to Sivo’s business priorities and ensure your future team is setup to achieve those goals
- Own product positioning and messaging for Sivo including the brands ‘voice’
- Define a content strategy and setup marketing channels to help spread the word including a blog (Medium), social media and public relations
- Create and manage an editorial calendar
- Craft engaging and high-quality marketing content and collateral using every medium and channel you can come up with including our website, blog (Medium), social media, email marketing
- Work with the Product team on defining a recurring webinar strategy for educating pre-sales and active customers and the setup and branding of that channel
- Brand the Sivo Zoom experience with a focus on customer education
- Help the Product team with prioritization by providing the voice of the customer and prospects
- Work closely with the CEO on marketing campaigns and channel partnerships to drive pipeline
- Work with the CEO and sales on pre and post sales materials for distribution to customers
- Present at industry events (virtual and physical) if the opportunity presents itself
- Be an effective leader and ensure marketing is running effectively and efficiently
- 5+ years of proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy
- B2B and/or fintech experience preferred
- Experience in building brand awareness and recognition
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A sleeves rolled up, entrepreneurial approach, completely at ease with wearing multiple hats
- Work well in a rapidly changing environment, comfortable at implementing your own tools, processes and infrastructure
- Creative and innovative
- Confident producing multi channel, inbound marketing content
- Customer-centric and can identify and meet multiple audiences' needs
- You have experience working cross-functionally to ensure marketing programs are in line with company objectives
- You are metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
Why you should join Sivo
Sivo provides debt as a service. Our API and risk protocol allows companies to access debt funding and lend money to their users at scale.
Building and maintaining reliable risk models and raising debt are the two greatest challenges that fintechs face. Risk is a fintechs biggest risk and mistakes can cause a company to fail. Raising debt is slow, costly, complicated, and archaic.
Using our API, companies can risk score applications for credit from their users and receive an offer of debt funding, from Sivo, with rapid fund disbursement to the company or their users, bank account.