Founding Engineer at Slip
About the role
What we're looking for
We're looking for a founding software engineer to help build Slip.
We're iterating our way to product-market-fit and need someone who can ship fast, think critically about our product, and build things our customers want.
There are a number of interesting technical challenges to solve and we're looking for somebody who isn't afraid to tackle things outside of their comfort zone.
Our tech stack is below but it isn't a hard requirement to have worked with all parts of the stack.
- PostgreSQL / Supabase
Some things you might work on:
- Work on our open-source code evaluation system → https://github.com/slipHQ/run-wasm
- Build ways to interact with a remote terminal in the browser
- Create new and interesting ways to display and/or interactive with code snippets in the browser
- Optimize DB queries, create scalable architecture
- Build features to increase conversion rates for course landing pages
- Work on various front-end improvements to the lesson authoring tool
- Build a payout tool for automatically paying out authors
You might be a good fit if:
- You have an unusual ability for shipping things fast
- You've worked at an early-stage startup before
- You're an optimist
- You've built in public and/or shipped independent projects
- You're comfortable working in all parts of the stack
- You want to join a company doing something good for the world at the very beginning and participate in the upside
- You love working with developers
- You love talking with users
This might not be the role for you if:
- You want a ton of structure. We're an early stage startup, things change everyday and we have to adapt! We give our engineers a ton of autonomy and ownership.
Things we don't require:
- Degree - We don't care if you don't have a degree. If you do, that's great! We care more about what type of impact you'll have.
- N years of experience - We don't think years of experience are a great measure for an engineer's abilities.
Why you should join Slip
We're a marketplace that makes it easy for developers to build and sell interactive programming courses. At Slip, we're building the future of monetizing programming knowledge!