Slope is bringing the B2B economy online with a category-defining modern payments platform. Powered by our clean data infrastructure, we are building one platform to seamlessly automate B2B payment workflows.
Slope has raised $157M in equity/debt to date from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Tiger Global, and founders of Dropbox, Doordash, Opendoor, and Plaid.
Be one of the first members of the customer success and operations team at Slope, where we’re digitizing the B2B economy. In this role, you’ll get in on the ground floor of building the team that takes partners and their users from point of sale through their customer journey and translates all their needs into product iterations along the way. You’ll collaborate closely with engineering, sales, finance and risk. We’re looking for a self-starter, who is an expert problem solver, clear and empathetic communicator, quick learner and operator, and has demonstrated success dealing with uncertainty.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that it’s slope — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating.
- We are growing insanely fast and well-funded. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Work with seasoned second-time founders.
- Help underdog business owners thrive and compete against large corporations.
- Strong and creative problem-solving ability that always puts the customer first.
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented and juggling multiple concurrent projects.
- A love of being in front of and continuously learning from customers.
- Being autonomous, proactive and a fast-learner (Slope! ⚡).
- Clear and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills, with strong critical thinking ability.
- Demonstrated success in Biz Ops, Finance, Customer Success or Product.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic. No job is too big or too small.
- Deep curiosity and the ability to translate data into product-driven solutions.
🚀 Bonus points
- Finance and/or technical background.
- Have worked directly with engineering and data science teams.
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Passionate about helping businesses grow.
- SQL knowledge and/or experience.
- Build, iterate on and own customer servicing and payments working with our engineering, finance and risk teams to ensure customer success.
- Go above and beyond to make our customer experience seamless with end-to-end, white-glove service.
- Be the top advocate for customers. Clearly and cross-functionally communicating customers’ needs to help drive and influence Slope’s strategy and product priorities.
- Translate customer pain points into clear product needs with quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key partners and their buyers to help their businesses sustainably grow.
- Collaborate with finance and risk to ensure customers’ dynamic credit lines are responsibly monitored and adjusted.
- Detect risky customers, develop actions plans with cross functional teams and clearly communicate next steps to partners and users.
- Manage delinquent accounts, as needed, to ensure Slope’s recovery rate supports strong unit economics.