We empower growing businesses by making access to capital easy.
The inspiration for Slope came from Lawrence’s parents having spent the past three decades in the wholesale business, importing products and selling them to small businesses across Brazil. From having worked with them, we realized small mom-and-pop stores are limited by their working capital and that business loans are complicated to navigate.
At Slope (YC S21), we are building Buy Now, Pay Later for B2B businesses. We enable any business to pay with installments at checkout. Buy Now, Pay Later is the foundation to rebuilding the messy cross-border B2B payments infrastructure — our vision is to be Stripe for global B2B.
In a span of 7 months, we went from pre-product to processing over millions in monthly transaction volume and raising $29M in funding to date from Union Square Ventures, Monashees, Tiger Global, Global Founders Capital, founders of Dropbox, Doordash, Opendoor, Plaid, and executives from Brex, Faire, Affirm, and Adyen.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that in “slope” — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating.
- We are growing insanely fast (growing 121% each month for the past 6 months, with signed contracts to 20X, and a growing waitlist that’s dwarfing our ability to keep up). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Help small underdog business owners thrive and compete against large corporations.
✅ What You’ll Do
Slope is hiring a Controller to join our rapidly growing company. You will be tasked with building out a large part of our finance team’s people, processes, and systems. The Controller’s main duties include running the accounting department, monitoring the accounting transactions, reviewing the accounting entries, reconciliations and monthly close process.
- Responsible for monthly close procedures, owning specific processes and driving it forward
- Prepare monthly journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations timely and accurately
- Includes tracking, analyzing variance and ensuring proper month-end cutoff
- Manage AP processing, T&E review and AR matching
- Manage requests from external audit and tax teams
- Review and approve accounting transactions and be able to raise any issues with management.
- Maintain the Company’s financial statements in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Assist management with important financial statement reporting decisions as the Company grows
- Support management in preparing financial forecasts and projections
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting, preferably at a Big 4 firm and/or fintech/software company. Prior work with lending products is a plus
- Must be prepared to work in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Finance minded with strong operational focus to drive process, systems, and execution in a scalable and repeatable way
- Driven self-starter that enjoys rolling up your sleeves and building complex financial models in Excel or other planning applications.
- Strengths in working cross functionally to present and build rapport with stakeholders
- Curious, resourceful, analytical mindset
- CPA or pursuit of CPA preferred
🚀 Bonus points
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage all employees to be future founders and this can be a great stepping stone towards that)
- Experience in enterprise solutions engineering
- Customer-centric and passionate about helping small businesses grow
- Previous experience in fintech
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup