We empower growing businesses by making access to capital easy.
The inspiration for Slope came from Lawrence’s parents having spent the past three decades in the wholesale business, importing products and selling them to small businesses across Brazil. From having worked with them, we realized small mom-and-pop stores are limited by their working capital and that business loans are complicated to navigate.
At Slope (YC S21), we are building Buy Now, Pay Later for B2B businesses. We enable any business to pay with installments at checkout. Buy Now, Pay Later is the foundation to rebuilding the messy cross-border B2B payments infrastructure — our vision is to be Stripe for global B2B.
In a span of 7 months, we went from pre-product to processing over millions in monthly transaction volume and raising $32M in funding to date.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that in “slope” — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating.
- We are growing insanely fast (growing 121% each month for the past 6 months, with signed contracts to 20X, and a growing waitlist that’s dwarfing our ability to keep up). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Help small underdog business owners thrive and compete against large corporations.
✅ What You’ll Do
As one of our first key hires in Risk & Credit, you have an opportunity to drive key operational and strategic initiatives relating to fraud management, customer risk management, underwriting policies, and portfolio monitoring. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for data and a strong ability to harness that to analyze fraud and credit risk. Critical to the role is an individual who has developed risk and credit underwriting policies
- Understand the uniqueness of data within our merchant and marketplace ecosystem to build out a differentiated thought process around risk underwriting
- Build and maintain dashboards for underwriting outcomes
- Create reports to track and communicate credit related metrics/KPIs
- Develop ongoing operational strategies to identify fraudulent counterparties and fraud related transactions
- Successfully partner with data science and engineering to develop risk tools
- Iterate and execute upon existing risk underwriting policies for new customers
- Prepare monthly/quarterly risk slides and presentations for credit committee
- Update procedure documents as needed and document new procedures
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools within fraud functional areas
- Optimize our payment platform for the highest level of customer experience and payment acceptance to improve overall user experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in risk / underwriting operations and/or fraud management
- Experience at a Bank or Fintech lender within consumer, business, or payments
- Excellent problem-solving - able to quickly learn complex systems, break down problems, and develop rigorous and quantitative arguments to inform decision-making
- A demonstrated ability to get stuff done. In an ideal world, you’ve worked in a fast-growing company and know what we should be doing today, in one year, and in two years.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in one of the following analytics tools, such as Python, R, and SAS.
- Advanced Excel skills with strong logical and SQL/relational database query skills
🚀 Bonus points
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage all employees to be future founders and this can be a great stepping stone towards that)
- Customer-centric and passionate about helping small businesses grow
- Previous experience in fintech
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup