We empower growing businesses by making access to capital easy.
The inspiration for Slope came from Lawrence’s parents having spent the past three decades in the wholesale business, importing products and selling them to small businesses across Brazil. From having worked with them, we realized small mom-and-pop stores are limited by their working capital and that business loans are complicated to navigate.
At Slope (YC S21), we are building Buy Now, Pay Later for B2B businesses. We enable any business to pay with installments at checkout. Buy Now, Pay Later is the foundation to rebuilding the messy cross-border B2B payments infrastructure — our vision is to be Stripe for global B2B.
In a span of 7 months, we went from pre-product to processing over millions in monthly transaction volume and raising $32M in funding to date.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that in “slope” — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating.
- We are growing insanely fast (growing 121% each month for the past 6 months, with signed contracts to 20X, and a growing waitlist that’s dwarfing our ability to keep up). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Help small underdog business owners thrive and compete against large corporations.
🔎 What you’ll do
Slope is looking for our first in-house technical recruiter to help build-out our fast growing team. We approach recruiting as a product and “slope” – constantly iterating – is the most important thing.
- Manage our talent brand and public presence as an employer – jobs site and job board posts on YC Work At A Startup, AngelList, LinkedIn, etc.
- Be the primary point of contact for all candidates from first email to close and help iterate towards a tight-knit, world class candidate experience
- Work with our EA’s to organize and schedule interviews and travel
- Make sure your team is aligned on what they are looking for in each role, and help bring the team together when evaluating candidates – work closely with the team to build out processes for each new role
- Own, build out, and keep organized our candidate ATS
- Train interviewers and build a culture of recruiting excellence
- Reach out to passive candidates directly and do initial screening
- 2+ years recruiting experience preferably at a startup or agency
- Exceptionally organized and high attention to detail
- Top communication skills - able to professionally interact with candidates
- Grit - we’re growing very quickly and as first recruiting hire you’ll have to pound the pavement and do what it takes to get it done.
- Entrepreneurial - be scrappy, resourceful, autonomous, low maintenance. We have no processes in place – you’ll build them.
🚀 Bonus points
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage all employees to be future founders and this can be a great stepping stone towards that)
- Customer-centric and passionate about helping small businesses grow
- Previous experience in selling fintech products
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup