Head Engineer at Smarking
About the role
REMOTE /ENGINEERING /FULL-TIME
This is an excellent position for a highly capable software engineer who's ready to take on bigger responsibilities, team wide leadership, and a leap of faith, to not only continue shipping codes and building amazing products and systems, but also lead and build a team of solid engineers to help scale cutting edge tech solutions from ground up for a massive and overlooked market .
The Head Engineer will report to the CEO directly, and join the management team to provide engineering leadership company wide.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (in the order of priorities):
- Hands on scaling tech platforms with large data and activity volumes and complex b2b2c systems
- Provide managerial and leadership support to enable an engineering team of 5-10
- Recruiting strong engineers
- Work with the CEO to refine/improve engineering productivity and practice
- Empower other parts of the company with engineering and technical insights
- 5+ years of hands on software engineering work experience
- Successful hands on experience scaling tech platforms from ground up to large scale
- Successful experience working with a team of people (cross functionally and leading Jr. engineers) to build and scale systems
- Experience in mentoring, coaching if not leading and managing other software engineers
- Experience in recruiting solid software engineers (participation at least if not as a hiring manager)
- Experience in very early stage tech startups is a huge plus
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team first
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Competitive salary, founding level equity, flexible title.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for an interview with the CEO directly! Apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/smarking/91ecceff-db7b-463f-bd6e-c348bcaec567/apply
Smarking is a group of passionate MIT PhDs, data scientists, Silicon Valley engineers, and battle-tested business professionals, committed to enable highly efficient urban mobility by building the digital infrastructure for the massively overlooked $131B parking industry.
Smarking is hired by organizations like Brookfield Properties, City of Miami, ABM Industry Groups, and many other enterprise industry leaders to turn their parking data into business results. Smarking's dynamic pricing engine has been creating 40%-400% revenue uplift for online parking sales at parking facilities in Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities, without any manual involvement required from property managers, leveraging fully automatic algorithm-driven yield management technologies similar to the airline and hotel industries.
By providing the very first business intelligence and yield management enterprise SaaS to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as an emerging leader in the US parking market. Smarking currently works with 2,500+ parking locations cross North America, based in San Francisco, and backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator.
Why you should join Smarking
Smarking is a group of hyper-driven MIT PhDs, data scientists, engineers, transportation experts, and battle-tested business professionals working to solve the notorious parking problem via a unique enterprise approach. Smarking aims to enable highly efficient urban mobility by digitizing parking spaces and distributing parking inventory dynamically, in order to get the world ready for the connected, shared, and autonomous future.
Backed by top VCs like Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures, Smarking has brought its solution to over 2,500 parking locations across North America. For the first time, cities, parking asset owners, and parking operators can make data-driven decisions easily. Smarking also launched the industry’s first fully automatic dynamic pricing engine, producing 40%-400% revenue uplifts for online sales at at parking locations Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities.