Operations Manager at Smarking
About the role
REMOTE /OPERATIONS /FULL-TIME OR CONTRACT
Smarking is a leading provider of enterprise software and data technology solutions for the massively overlooked $655B global parking industry.
This is an excellent position for a highly capable and successful professional with office operations background, hunger for impact, and excellent communication and problem solving skills, who's ready to take on bigger responsibilities and a leap of faith, to not only continue tackling day to day operations, but also help enable hyper-productive and energetic work environment in a remote team setting by working directly and strategically with the CEO.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Operations Manager will be responsible for expeditiously completing tasks/projects across financial operations, HR operations, event management (virtual & physical), "office" management, and talent recruiting, as well as influencing and helping enable 5-star practices in all above areas for the company. Although initially an individual contributor role, ideal candidates will be ready and able to assume managerial responsibilities.
- Basic Finance Operations:
- Manage the invoice creation, maintenance, update, and Account Receivable pursuit after ramping up (using Quickbooks).
- Deposit payments from clients and ensure good documentation, e.g. scan checks into G-drive and share with the company’s accountant
- Manage the company’s accountant, and conduct basic bookkeeping (using Quickbooks), e.g. allocation expenses on company credit cards into different categories.
- Manage Account Payable activities (using Bill dot com).
- Budget for expenses on monthly basis and work with the CEO to achieve financial goals.
- Manage reimbursements (using Abacus) and maintain the Reimbursement Process & Policy.
- Manage and execute bi-weekly payrolls (using Gusto).
- Basic Human Resources Operations:
- Manage new employee onboarding and continue to improve the experience.
- Manage employee benefits, e.g. medical, dental, vision, gym, paid time off, free parking etc.
- Assist on immigration matters for employees with the CEO.
- Manage potential employee off-boarding.
- Event Management - plan, organize, and execute:
- Virtual happy hours (bi-weekly / monthly)
- Team outings (semi-annually)
- Trade-show, conference, client visits.
- Other events per need - we celebrate often!
- "Office" Management:
- Manage business travels (transportation & lodging) for all team members.
- Manage company equipments and maintain clear records, e.g. computers, monitors, hard-drives etc.
- Manage company documents both in digital (e.g. Google Drive) and in physical forms.
- Manage vendors: managing, auditing, and paying vendors, e.g. medical insurance, electricity, meals, trade shows etc.
- Talent Recruiting Coordination:
- Collaborate with different hiring managers on team on candidates sourcing, outreaching, and interview scheduling (using Lever dot co).
- Manage job posts and company profile on different recruiting platforms, e.g. Glassdoor, HackerNews, Linkedin etc.
- Drive marketing efforts for recruiting.
Above scope may change accordingly upon the growth of the company.
- 3+ years work experience in office operations/management
- A proven track record of goal attainment and overachievement, delivering exceptional customer service and support, and great communications with customers and colleagues
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and other state-of-the-art office tools
- Customer first
- Mission driven
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team player
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Passionate about operations
- Great at both written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically.
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
Why you should join Smarking
Smarking is a group of hyper-driven MIT PhDs, data scientists, engineers, transportation experts, and battle-tested business professionals working to solve the notorious parking problem via a unique enterprise approach. Smarking aims to enable highly efficient urban mobility by digitizing parking spaces and distributing parking inventory dynamically, in order to get the world ready for the connected, shared, and autonomous future.
Backed by top VCs like Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures, Smarking has brought its solution to over 2,500 parking locations across North America. For the first time, cities, parking asset owners, and parking operators can make data-driven decisions easily. Smarking also launched the industry’s first fully automatic dynamic pricing engine, producing 40%-400% revenue uplifts for online sales at at parking locations Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities.