Anime Games - Full Stack Engineer at Spellbrush
About the role
We're looking for a talented Full-Stack Engineer to join our small team of world-class artist and engineers in building the world's first ML-powered game!
Our game UI is entirely powered by React Native + GraphQL + Absinthe, and as such we're pushing it to its limits; tons of animations, gestures, transitions, and all sorts of bells & whistles. You'll be responsible for working closely with our creative director to translate her mocks into polished implementations.
Did I mention our game also has a sick future-core soundtrack and an awesome animated intro via a Japanese studio?
Ideally: experience in React Native, especially in polished transitions, gesture handlers & animations via
AnimatedAPI and related friends (e.g.
- Experience designing and laying out both websites and SPAs.
- Strong aesthetics in Game UI and animation, especially anime-based mobile games (FGO, P&D, Arknights, etc.)
- Bonus: familiarity with Elixir + GraphQL
- Bonus: familiarity with Unity 3D & C# scripting.
- Excited about the possibilities of AI — no AI/ML experience needed; we're more than happy to teach you the tech skills and intuitions needed.
As the 7th member of our team, you'll be intimately involved in all aspects of the product, from design, production, and marketing.
- We're a fast-paced startup with funding from some of the world's leading VCs.
- Our office based in downtown San Francisco, CA directly next to all major transportation.
- Market salary + above-market equity compensation.
- You'll work alongside our world-class AI researchers to develop the next software revolution in art.
- We have top-of-the-line health insurance, dental Insurance, and all that other good stuff.
- Give us a ping if you want to be on the cutting edge of the next revolution in games!
# To apply:
- Include a link to a portfolio or existing app showcasing your frontend engineering.
- Please include the name of best waifu/husbando in your application.
Why you should join Spellbrush
We're a small, tight-knit team of MIT-trained researchers applying the latest advancements in deep learning for anime and video games.
Our AI artist assistant helps illustrators and animators finish pieces up to 10x faster by automating away much of the manual labor involved in shading, rendering, and coloring.
None of the above three images were drawn by human artists. All three were drawn entirely by artificial intelligence! No human post processing involved.
We can also get the AI to animate our generated characters too if we ask nicely enough!