VP Engineering - Core at Spenmo
About the role
Spenmo is a spend management platform that provides innovative solutions to help growing businesses have better control and visibility over their expenditure. Businesses could easily automate their payables from a single dashboard. We power our customers by providing corporate cards, automated mass invoices, international transfers, expense management, and many more.
We’ve processed millions of transactions since our inauguration in 2019. We’re growing rapidly and backed by investors from Silicon Valley and Asia, including Y Combinator, Rocket Internet, and XA Network.
We are currently seeking a VP of Engineering to lead multiple teams and initiatives to expand Spenmo’s core infrastructure and product suites. We’re building world class engineering teams across the board such as local and international payments, collections, cards, wallets, ledgers, risk, treasury and financial operations.
What will you be doing?
- Working with founders and leaders across the board (product managers, technical architects, etc) to create and drive the roadmap toward the longer term vision of Spenmo’s platform
- Setting the direction for engineering organization strategy, and empowering the team to achieve their best work by ensuring them understand the “why” behind the company’s plans
- Driving technical discussions for architecting scalable software based on customer needs, writing code where needed.
- Coaching the team to balance business needs/speed with accumulation of technical debt while setting clear expectations
- Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers, in collaboration with Spenmo’s recruiting team
- Inspire collaborative culture and uphold Spenmo’s values alongside high engineering standards to bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes
What are we looking for?
- Experience across our some of our technology stack: AWS/Golang/Laravel
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role managing 8+ individuals on teams to ship and operate critical product infrastructure
- Experience driving initiatives across entire engineering organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction
- A proven track record of growing cultures in a high-performance team
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- You lead by example and aren't afraid to do what it takes to make Spenmo succeed
- Previous experience in Fintech or B2B
- Previous experience having founded a venture or were a founding member of an early stage startup. We value scrappiness and entrepreneurial mindset!
Why you should join Spenmo
Spenmo is building software for businesses to easily automate their receivables and payables from 1 dashboard. We are growing fast and are backed by investors such as Y Combinator, Rocket Internet and XA Network.