Spot is hiring a Founding Engineer to help scale our at-home blood testing service for health & wellness brands. We've shipped tens of thousands of test kits since launching, and are now expanding our team to keep up with the demand!
How we work today
- Our engineering team is fully remote—we work from all around the world.
- We’re building tech powered by React, Django, Postgres, and AWS.
- We believe strongly in providing an Apple-like experience throughout the entire testing journey.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a full-stack engineer with a founder-like spirit to help us scale our tech to meet demand. This means you’ll:
- Own and ship new features in Django
- Ship new integrations with our partners and clients
- Bulletproof our deployment infrastructure to help us scale fast
- Implement architectural best practices across our codebase
- Help shape our engineering culture
Who you are
- Experienced with building systems for scale. Opinionated about best practices and have a track record of delivering great tech.
- A methodical and diligent engineer with attention to detail. We’re looking for consistent operators who are great at assessing what needs doing and spotting nuances that others might miss.
- Willing to wade into the trenches. Someone scrappy who does what needs doing and takes ownership of tasks and projects.
- BONUS: Prior experience with Django
- BONUS: Prior experience with CI/CD, DevOps, or provisioning resources with AWS/Terraform
Come join us in making at-home diagnostics affordable and accessible.
Spot provides everything health and wellness brands need to offer lab-analyzed diagnostic tests using at-home collection kits. Companies simply order tests via our API, and we handle the rest—the collection kits, the logistics, and the lab integrations.
Things have been crazy in the last few months–we launched in a major retailer and will launch in another one soon. We're onboarding a ton of new clients at the moment. We shipped tens of thousands of tests last year and are on track to ship 2M+ this year.