Frontend Engineer (React, Material-ui, SVG, Recoil)
About the role
At Standard Cognition, we’re revolutionizing the way the world shops. By replacing cash registers with computer vision-powered checkout, we’re creating an autonomous retail experience for shoppers. Since launching in 2017, Standard has contracts with multiple global retailers, and is in the process of deploying our Standard Checkout solution across thousands of stores globally. We’re backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including Softbank, CRV, Initialized, EQT, Draper Associates and YCombinator. We just announced our series C in February 2021! In this role you’ll own the frontend development in the Review Tools team, where we apply cutting edge ML and AI research to solve the real world challenges that our retailers, shoppers, and internal operators face. You’ll tackle tough design and product challenges and play a leading role in deciding the technology we use to provide delightful experiences to our users. Our team consists of Frontend Engineers, Backend Engineers and an Engineering Manager, and we work closely with other teams to deliver a great shopping experience. As a leader on the team, you’ll mentor and educate junior members. There are massive changes happening in retail and we’re eagerly building the future.
This is a full time remote US role.
What you'll do here:
- Take ownership of features end-to-end
- Be a part of ensuring our application code is flexible, maintainable, testable, and reliable
- Quickly iterate and test experimental tools that integrate cutting edge ML and AI research to solve real user problems
- Work closely with machine learning, design, product, and other teams to make sure we’re building the right tools and experiences for our users
- We need a strong frontend engineer to mentor, develop and help establish a strong UX-focused engineering culture in our organization
Who you are:
- You’re excited about dreaming up great solutions for solving technical problems... AND you have the skills to implement them
- You have experience building complex web applications in a professional team environment
- You’ve served as a frontend lead of a team of developers and have deep knowledge around how code quality can improve developer experience, reliability, productivity, and other concerns of the team
- You’re amazing at web technologies and have built highly interactive, dynamic web applications (we use React)
- You love building user-friendly, well-designed interfaces for a variety of audiences and abilities
- You understand the importance of mentoring other developers through code review, design discussions, and more
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, happy to put out fires when necessary
- Great engineering skills
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communications skills and experience working with teams of developers, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders
Only meet some of these traits or experiences? We are an organization built on helping people grow and we’d still love to hear from you!
Why you might want to work with us: -We take care of you and your family with comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere
- We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work
- We're family friendly -We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to
We offer very competitive compensation, including equity in Standard, to each one of our employees Standard Cognition provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.