Senior Software Engineer at Starcity
About the role
Starcity (YC S16) https://starcity.com/ is a global coliving company and we're growing! We build and operate furnished residential communities that make moving to the heart of the city easy. It's our mission to make great cities accessible while being the neighbor you can count on.
We’re looking for a product-oriented senior software engineer that excels at communication, working through ambiguity directly with stakeholders, and breaking projects into small, deliverable chunks of work. We are constantly deepening the integration between our newly released mobile app and our broader communities’ physical space. That integration includes both traditional feature development as well as improving our residents’ lives through careful introduction of IoT devices. This role is focused on building the software that empowers our customers to take advantage of all that coliving offers, and that allows Starcity’s operations to scale as efficiently as possible.
- Work closely with stakeholders and engineers to prioritize, spec and deliver new projects end to end.
- Partner with VP Engineering and CTO to establish engineering guidelines and standards.
- Uplift those around you and make Starcity a better organization. Mentor other engineers on the team, drawing on your experience to provide thoughtful insight and direction.
- Assist our leadership team in prioritization of mission-critical product development.
- All around technology generalist that enjoys working across the entire stack.
- 5+ years of software development experience; minimum of 1 year of React experience.
- Strong ability to lead and mentor engineers.
- Experience with AWS and working knowledge of DevOps.
- Great communication skills. Comfortable writing specs or other docs to explain ideas, story writing, etc.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with engineers and stakeholders.
- Highly product-oriented, analytical, and deep thinker.
- Experience working in a rapid, Agile environment.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Have Github project(s) and open source contributions.
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment before.
- Have Continuous Integration And Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience in an Agile Environment.
- Experience working with GraphQL.
- Worked with Clojure in production.
Equity will be provided as well as a ton of other great perks such as:
- Work from Home (LOL, everyone gets that right now)
- 100% of health benefits to primary and family, vision, and dental plans
- 401(k) matching
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Why you should join Starcity
Starcity provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.