Front End Engineer - UI/UX developer
About the role
Stayflexi is a Modern Operating System for Hotels and Vacation Rentals backed by Y Combinator. We offer an end to end fully automated Management and Sales engine. We are enabling hotel/vacation rental supplies (rooms and amenities) to be managed, distributed and sold on a flexible basis, under single platform. We are live across 650 properties and seeing exciting traction post pandemic. Great perks joining our team now than later. Prop tech space is big.
What You'll Do:
- Lead frontend development of the web applications
- Aid in UI/UX design of web application.
- Integrate with and occasionally aid in building backend components.
- Strong understanding of design/architectural patterns and core web technology.
- Strong UI/UX design skills.
- Experience with Restful APIs.
- Experience working on backend when necessary (Python/Jython, Django, Java etc.).
- Ability to write secure, testable, and efficient code.
- An understanding of basic performance optimization and scalability for web applications.
- 2+ years' experience in an engineering or development role.
- Practical thinker: understand how to optimize time effectively to balance creation of tech debt while shipping features as fast as possible.
- Ownership driven
- Worked in travel tech or demonstrated interest in traveling / hospitality background
- Comfortable with the fast pace
Why you should join Stayflexi
Stayflexi is fundamentally breaking the noon to noon booking model fabric, making every asset of the hotel (rooms, amenities) to be sold on flexible basis. 80% of hotel guests seek for early checkins and late checkouts, 40% of the hotel rooms and amenities are unsold. We are basically enabling true hospitality through technology - Guests should be able to checkin and checkout anytime, and to be able to access hotel amenities with ease.
We are currently offering end to end management and sales platform to hotels, through which hotels can offer direct flexible sales to guests. We are live across 600 hotels in 6 different countries. Through our SaaS offering, we are sourcing around 40,000 rooms and logging over 2500 room bookings every single day.
Stayflexi’s founding team is alumni of top universities like Carnegie Mellon, Cornell with strong advisory board from hospitality industry. Current team is full of travel enthusiasts and people who invented and worked on cutting edge technologies. Working for Stayflexi is highly engaging and the work culture is perfect amalgam of tech and travel. If you find yourself already part of the team and meet below criteria, we would love to hear from you.