Full-Stack Software Engineer at Stepful
About the role
Stepful is an online vocational training school reimagining the way students upskill and healthcare employers hire. We are focused on training the next generation of allied healthcare workers, including Phlebotomists, EKG technicians and Medical Assistants.
We launched in April 2021 and have already changed the lives of hundreds of students. Our graduates, mainly from underprivileged communities, go on to work at leading healthcare institutions such as Quest Diagnostics, Davita, and New York Presbytarian. Stepful students increase their salaries by 60% on average after just 4 weeks of training.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Reach Capital and Dunce Capital. The founding team comes from Uber, Udacity and Apple.
We're seeking a well-rounded, full-stack, software engineer to help build our systems from the ground up. As a software engineer, you’ll be critical in pushing our product and technology forward.
What You’ll Do
- Build product features end to end: design database structure, build basic APIs, and add frontend components.
- Measure users behavior and telemetry data; iterate obsessively over the User eXperience
- Build and maintain a robust data infrastructure to help the team make data-driven product improvements
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building backend APIs with frameworks like Ruby on Rails, integrating with a SQL database, and integrating with 3rd party services (e.g. Stripe, Zoom)
- Basic design sense and experience with browser styling e.g. CSS, tailwindcss
Why you should join Stepful
Stepful is on a mission to revolutionize vocational education. We train people with a high school education in 4 months or less and places them into healthcare jobs. Healthcare is the fastest growing industry in the US accounting for 40% of all jobs added including medical assistants, nursing assistants, and phlebotomists.