Stilt (YC W16) is building a bank focused on 45 million immigrants in the US. Immigrants are traditionally shut out of the financial system because they lack a financial identity. We are building technology to democratize access to financial services.
Improving access to financial services for everyone, especially for the underserved and immigrants has never been more important. They contribute $1.6T to the economy, have built many $100B+ companies, and generated millions of jobs. Still, immigrants don't get the services they deserve. We are building technology to help immigrants from day 1 of their arrival. Since launch, we have helped hundreds of thousands of immigrants from 160+ countries. We are growing fast and now at an inflection point in our journey to help millions of immigrants.
We are based in San Francisco (open to remote), founded by an immigrant team with expertise in finance, technology, and machine learning. 70% of the team is immigrants and from underrepresented backgrounds. We are working hard to make financial services simple by using non-traditional data, building a modern scoring and decision engine, and improving operational efficiency.
It is a challenging and fulfilling opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in the lives of immigrants across the world. As we rewrite the approach to banking, we are looking for a Credit Strategist who is experienced, knowledgeable, and believes in making this happen with us.
This position will be responsible for conceptualizing, hypothesis testing, implementation & monitoring of credit strategy roll outs. It’s a great opportunity to enhance risk adjusted performance of a fast growing portfolio.
- Design, implement & maintain a broad range of credit strategies which include underwriting, pricing, growth, fraud, portfolio management, collections & verification.
- Continuously explore the performance data to identify growth opportunities, risks & strategy to mitigate that risk.
- Build quick dashboards to investigate & monitor acquisition channels, price elasticity, portfolio performance & underwriting operations.
- Design & execute tests to understand optimization sensitivity & figure our strategy for optimal risk adjusted conversion/revenue.
- Collaborate with data & technology teams to implement the strategies accurately.
- Write white papers and documents covering portfolio performance & strategy/policy changes
- Bachelor’s (preferably Master’s) degree in analytical field (e.g. Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Financial Engineering etc.).
- Prior 5-8 years of analytical experience in credit or lending space which includes strategy ownership & team management. Right candidates with less (2-5 years) experience can also be considered for Credit Strategy Analyst position.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, & Python or R.
- Experienced in visualization tools (retool, looker or tableau) to quickly create dashboards.
- Leveraged big complex datasets to drive high impact decisions.
- Able to verbally (& in writing) explain portfolio performance, strategy changes, reasons & implications clearly
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Our employees love all the little things we do to celebrate them and make them feel a part of a strong team.
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage (we cover 90% of insurance premiums)
- Contribute to a 401(k) (managed by Guideline)
- Virtual cards for you to spend on anything that can help you do your work better (no questions asked and no reimbursements need to be filed)
- Paid expenses (food, drinks, travel) when you meet team members close by (no questions asked and no reimbursements need to be filed)
- A laptop of your choice with any configuration (Windows or Mac)