Head of Lending Compliance at Stilt
About the role
Stilt (YC W16) is building an online bank for those typically underserved by the existing credit bureau reporting process, customers who are new to the United States banking system, and those with “thin” or no files. We are a Y Combinator backed company based in San Francisco, founded by an immigrant team with expertise in finance, technology, and machine learning. We are working hard to make financial services simple for underserved applicants by building an institution that uses cross-country data, better credit risk scoring, and operational efficiency. We have built a class leading personal loan product and since our launch, we have disbursed millions of dollars in loans to customers from 30 different countries.
Improving access to financial services for everyone, especially for the underserved and immigrants has never been more important. It is a challenging and fulfilling opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in the lives of customers across the world. As we rewrite the approach to banking, we are looking for a compliance manager who is experienced, knowledgeable, and believes in making this happen with us. You will help us navigate the complex regulatory environment and manage/mitigate compliance risk.
You will be responsible for leading all compliance related tasks for the company including:
- Develop, maintain, and manage all consumer loan compliance policies and procedures - TILA (Reg Z), ECOA (Reg B), FCRA, FACTA, FDCPA, UDAAP, SCRA, EFTA, E-SIGN, and GLBA etc.
- Support Safety and Soundness Standards, such as BSA/AML.
- Research federal and state requirements and laws applicable to consumer loans, fees, interest rates, servicing, and collections
- Review website, advertisements, social media posting, new product materials, website changes and other marketing materials to ensure compliance with UDAAP, TILA, and other consumer finance laws (both at the state and federal level)
- Develop, maintain, and implement employee compliance training procedures
- Liaison/interface with state and federal level regulators and auditors on a regular basis
- Assist with response to information requests from regulators and review of customer complaints
- Stay current on all compliance requirements and upcoming changes that may impact the future products of the company. Interpret, analyze and implement state or federal regulations with marketing, product, engineering, and design departments
- Prepare and update consumer loan documentation and disclosures.
- Implement compliance risk assessment program and determine adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls
- Work with in-house and outside counsel to research and file state lending licenses including preparing and submitting new license applications, and monitoring renewals and annual reports
- Lead and manage other compliance related tasks as the organization grows Industry credentials such as CRCM and CAMS are highly desirable as well.
We are based in SOMA district in San Francisco and offer a competitive salary with equity and benefits.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Hillsven Capital, Investo, fintech founders, and great angel investors such as Amit Singhal, Dalton Caldwell, Kevin Hale.