STILT (YCW16) Is hiring Senior Software Developer - Backend at Stilt
About the role
Stilt (YC W16) is building an online bank for those typically underserved by the existing credit bureau reporting process, customers who are new to the United States banking system, and those with “thin” or no files. We are a Y-Combinator backed company based in San Francisco, founded by an immigrant team with expertise in finance, technology, and machine learning. We are working hard to make financial services simple for underserved applicants by building an institution that uses cross-country data, better credit risk scoring, and operational efficiency. Stilt has now served immigrants from 100+ countries.
As a Senior Engineer, you will:
What will you do?
- Architect and design large scale data processing system, and service-based architecture
- Build and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Drive effort to improve the engineering process, testing, tooling, and coding standard
- Lead engineering effort and work with teams across the organization to improve business metrics
You will be a great fit for the role if you
- Have a good product understanding, not just focused on solving an engineering problem, but also in improving business metrics and user engagement
- Drive end to end effort with the team members, and make sure to deliver the best quality of code
- Hold yourself accountable for shipping quality code in production, and maintaining it over the time
What will you work on?
- Design and build new features for Stilt Core Business
- Explore and use third-party tools for solving Stilt’s internal engineering challenge
- Build a new API for our lending platform, or iterate on existing APIs
- Build new tools for our operation teams, or iterate on existing tools
- Integrate third-party APIs for security/payments/wire
- Consolidate data from multiple platforms and create a platform for marketing and accounting team to use Implement tools to improve operational efficiency and reduce the DevOps work
You should have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with various technologies, and take pride in being a generalist
- Familiarity with server hosting, cloud-based systems and systems operations