Founding Product Designer at Suggestr
About the role
We are looking for our first UI/UX designer to take charge of interface of our product. It's super interesting job, where you will be working directly with founders discussing product design and implementation of new features. Suggestr is a Shopify app which adds recommendation section to online stores. Hence, it has two faces: what our client sees – setting, admin panel, dashboard for analytics, billing, etc; and what client's clients see – "You may also like" on the store, bundles, post-checkout experience, etc. You will be working on both fronts, thinking about onboarding, user flow, functionality, and look&feel. Both parts accessible on desktop and mobile, so this is something you should be comfortable with. The space of AI applications to ecommerce is very interesting and hot, so it also will be on you to study competitors, their design and functionality, as well as create our user personas, and understand what they want. The goal is to make our product simple, accessible and easy to use, while keeping it functional and satisfying all of our customers needs.
A bit about our engineering culture (general)
- Our primary value is logic. Everything is built and discussed based on the first principles.
- You're welcome to create the most impact with the least effort.
- We don't have legacy code – everything is being created as we talk with the last version of frameworks.
- We aim to find optimal solutions to the problem and do not aim to reinvent the wheel.
- Our team is result-oriented and not formalities-oriented.
- Any member of a team can influence the whole product and its architecture.
- 3+ years of Product design or UI/UX design experience
- proficient knowledge of Figma and prototyping
- knowledge of HTML or preferably React, as our admin interface using pre-defined Shopify components
- experience working in startup environment
- ability to communicate effectively with the team of developers
- portfolio of apps/interfaces you've designed (not landing pages)
Nice to haves
- experience working with e-commerce products or online stores
- experience with Shopify
- Market-rate compensation
- Significant equity package
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote / Nice co-working in Singapore
- Health Insurance
- Team dinners
Why you should join Suggestr
Consider It's 2021, and DTC is on 🔥 — Shopify's GMV is now approaching 40% of Amazon. Recently, over 4 days of BFCM, DTC brands on Shopify did over US$ 6.3B in sales. The trend here is evident, and DTC enablement is the way to go.
The Problem Product discovery on Shopify stores today is broken. It's comically bad. Think hand-picked product bundles for 100+ SKUs bad. On the flip side, platforms like Amazon drive over 30% of their sales from product discovery surfaces.
The Answer Suggestr is on a mission to drastically improve CX for DTC brands on Shopify. Our self-serve, no-code product recommendation solution leverages multi-modal AI to enable these brands to increase sales by up to 10%. In 3 months of launching, we're currently working with 99 brands and processing over half a million in annual GMV. That makes us one of the fastest-growing product recommendations solutions for Shopify brands. We're backed by Y Combinator, Entrepreneur First, and leading angel investors in the e-commerce space.