Supabase is an Open Source and fully remote company building developer tools for databases.
We are seeking Support Engineers to provide world class developer support for anyone experiencing issues or seeking guidance when using Supabase. The support team is globally distributed with a strong focus on minimizing time to fix, and works closely with the product and development teams.
- Provide initial and timely responses to all support cases.
- Triage support cases including directing users to previous answers, code examples, documentation, or escalating to specific technical or business team members.
- Monitor Github Issues & Discussions, twitter, email, and other feedback channels.
- Identify where internal tooling might be developed or obtained to improve support efficiency.
- Reproduce issues, creating test cases, and improving test coverage, if you have experience with testing.
- 2+ years of experience in a support engineering role.
- Excellent written English communication skills.
- Experience working with GitHub Issues and Discussions.
- Familiar with Freshdesk/Intercom or similar technologies.
- We're currently looking for US and APAC timezone coverage.
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits. Supabase covers 100% of the cost for employees and 80% for dependants
- Generous Tech Allowance for any office setup you need
- Annual Education Allowance
- Annually run off-sites.
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
About the team
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.