Java (Backend) Engineer
About the role
What kind of work will you get?
We are looking for a Java engineer to work on the SuperTokens core repository (2.1K Github stars and growing)
You may also be given non technical tasks (if you like). Some examples are: Product brain storming, Competitor analysis, Documentation / content, Building a developer community etc
- 2+ yrs of experience in Java
- Good understanding of databases - querying, transactions, reasoning about multi threading
- API design experience
- Experience in writing unit tests in Java
- Experience with Docker and bash
- Contributed to open source, or have your own open source repo with a community and many github stars
- Worked on authentication or authorization before (Keycloak, Auth0, Ory, Okta)
Why should you join us?
- Our market is large - any webapp that requires login
- Working on open source, and getting paid for it!
- We are backed by Y Combinator. Have access to some of the best and smartest founders in the world.
- Work remotely.
- Our product is interesting in that it's not another mobile or web app. It will form a core infrastructure layer for our users
- We are solving a big pain point for most developers
- Get to learn about the most critical aspects of web app security
If you like our project, please star us on Github
Why you should join SuperTokens
SuperTokens is building open source authentication (as an alternative to Auth0, Firebase and AWS Cognito). Add secure, hassle free authentication to your app in 1 day. We enable startups to launch quicker and focus on their core product offering
- We're easier to implement as we take a modular approach - making it possible to pick only the features you need for your use case. This means you need not worry about complications associated with other features (eg: SSO and OAuth if you don’t need it) and this in turn makes it easier to implement and manage SuperTokens.
- Developer's can own and manage their user's data.
- SuperTokens can be run on your premise for free and also has a generous hosted tier for those who dont want to manage it themselves.
SuperTokens is being used by hundreds of developers across the globe.
Our medium-term goal is to build an open-core authentication solution that is secure, flexible, and most importantly, is very simple to use.