React JS engineer at SuperTokens
About the role
What kind of work will you get?
We are looking for a part-time (15 hours a week) ReactJS engineer to take ownership of our website: supertokens.io
Examples of technical tasks:
- Building and infusing React components into html files generated by Webflow
- Building responsive React pages from scratch
- Working on analytics:
- Naming convention
- Sending events
- Drawing and analysing charts on Amplitude
- Building and maintaining the infra for our docs
- Testing for functionality and responsiveness
- Working on the ReactJS or any backend SDK for SuperTokens
- Content writing - blogs, tweets, documentation
- Product roadmap brainstorming
- Anything else you want to learn about :)
Why should you join us?
- Our market is large - any webapp that requires login
- Working on open source, and getting paid for it!
- Work remotely.
- Our product is interesting in that it's not another mobile or web app. It will form a core infrastructure layer for our users
- We are solving a big pain point for most developers
- Get to learn about the most critical aspects of web app security
In terms of funding
We’ve closed our seed round from a top tier US VC firm that specialises in early stage devtools and we were over subscribed.
We’ve seen 25-30% MoM growth over the last couple of months and have companies across the board using SuperTokens in production. We’ve had apps migrate from Auth0, Firebase and Cognito to SuperTokens and are excited by the current momentum.
- 2+ years in ReactJS
- Comfortable with css
- Experience in website load speed optimisation
- Contributed to open source, or have your own open source repo with a community and many github stars
- Worked on authentication or authorization before (Keycloak, Auth0, Ory, Okta)
If you like our project, please star us on Github
Why you should join SuperTokens
SuperTokens is building open source authentication (as an alternative to Auth0, Firebase and AWS Cognito). Add secure, hassle free authentication to your app in 1 day. We enable startups to launch quicker and focus on their core product offering
- We're easier to implement as we take a modular approach - making it possible to pick only the features you need for your use case. This means you need not worry about complications associated with other features (eg: SSO and OAuth if you don’t need it) and this in turn makes it easier to implement and manage SuperTokens.
- Developer's can own and manage their user's data.
- SuperTokens can be run on your premise for free and also has a generous hosted tier for those who dont want to manage it themselves.
SuperTokens is being used by hundreds of developers across the globe.
Our medium-term goal is to build an open-core authentication solution that is secure, flexible, and most importantly, is very simple to use.