Founding Engineer at Swadesh
About the role
Swadesh is building the first neobank for Non Resident Indians (NRIs) across the world. We’re replacing the broken infrastructure and banking experience for the largest expat population in the world to enable greater capital flow back to India.
Who We Are 👋
We're passionate about India, long technology, and strongly believe in building better financial systems for the world. We understand the pain, the sleepless nights, and the sheer luck that it takes to build better lives for our families abroad. We want Indians, both at home and abroad, to generate more wealth.
Our team has a diverse range of experiences ranging from leading fintech startups, behemoth technology companies, marquee investment firms, and even the Government of India :)
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for setting the product direction, being part of all major architecture decisions, and building the backend infrastructure, internal ledger etc.
- Iterating directly with founders to scope product and features to build the best solution.
- Setting up and maintaining engineering processes as the company scales.
- Hiring, cultivating, and mentoring new engineers (and other team members) as they join the team.
- 2-3 years of experience as an individual contributor with a modern programming language like Java, Python, TypeScript, Go, etc.
- 2-3 years of experience as an individual contributor with modern front-end frameworks like React, Angular, Elm, Vue, etc.
- Have a strong demonstrated ability to ship high-quality products, both at work and outside of work. We love engineers that build side-projects or contribute to open-source repos
Nice to Haves
- Previous founding or startup experience
- Experience working at a fintech company or on a financial product related team.
Why you should join Swadesh
Why are we building Swadesh? 🇮🇳
Our goal is to build the best place for Non Resident Indians (NRIs) to save, invest, and transfer money. We firmly believe that the outdated and opaque banking infrastructure in India makes it much harder, much riskier, and much less reliable to send or invest money back - especially for NRIs. This means we're leaving billions of dollars on the table. Billions that could help the economy, GDP growth, and job creation back home. Now more than ever it's time we amped up the flow of capital back.
We're doing this by using technology to help accelerate India's next 50 year growth story, and we're starting by building a better bank 🇮🇳It's time for all of us to play our part, so others like us don't need to leave.
Swadesh Bank is a US & India focused financial technology company re-imagining the Indian banking & investing experience for Non Resident Indians. We're backed by Y-Combinator and marquee silicon valley venture capital firms.