Management and analytics software for convenience stores
We at SwiftSku are looking for a Retail buyer to select and purchase lines of products on behalf of our convenience stores (approx 1500 across the United States). As a retail buyer, you will also need to negotiate with suppliers to secure competitive prices. The goal is to ensure that we get the best prices across all product categories for all our stores.
• Identifying suppliers for our stores’ (approx 1500 stores) products. Evaluate supplier options according to prices, quality etc. and determine the best choices.
• Develop strategies to negotiate the best possible cost of goods to accelerate profitability and revenue.
• Responsible for ensuring that the supply chain is efficient and effective throughout.
• Organize, store and monitor the distribution of goods to ensure items and resources are shipped to their appropriate destinations.
• To ensure that each category’s performance is maximized to its full potential, by implementing different strategies and tactics starting from buying and supplier management to visual display and sales performance management.
• Make suggestions for new product offerings based on consumer research
• Monitor stock levels and make plans for buying within budget
• Identify customer preferences and forecast consumer trends
• Create reports on sales, budgets and customer satisfaction and adjust your strategies accordingly
• Forge and maintain trust relationships with suppliers
• Attend trade shows and events to remain up-to-date with the market’s trends
Requirements and Skills:
• Customer-oriented approach
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Minimum 3+ yrs proven experience as a retail buyer or relevant role
• Outstanding communication abilities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of purchasing software is an advantage
What you’ll achieve:
• You will have autonomy to make decisions and take over ownership.
SwiftSku’s app connects to point of sales at convenience stores in real time, enabling owners to remotely manage and monitor their stores. We take the guesswork out of running a convenience store with predictive analytics, dashboards, and reports.
SwiftSku's CEO, Mit Patel, grew up managing the inventory, pricebook, and reporting of his family’s convenience stores and, when vendors would come by, he’d bridge the language barrier as a translator. More than 85% of independent convenience stores are owned by Indian families like Mit’s.
Solving convenience store owners' pains of today leads to SwiftSku's greater vision of optimizing the supply chain, facilitating a retailer agnostic consumer<>brand relationship, and providing data-driven business analytics to brands and retailers alike.