Engineering Manager at Synapticure
About the role
Synapticure aims to provide neurodegenerative patients, starting with ALS, access to the best care while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments for every type of ALS. We do so by providing end-to-end clinical care using our telemedicine platform to guide patients through their entire care journey. We are devoted to helping patients, from guidance on care and insurance, to providing the full spectrum of investigational and clinical testing to improve outcomes. Synapticure was built by leading patient and caregiver advocates alongside leading ALS clinicians, biotech executives and telemedicine executives to bring the ALS care and treatment experience into the 21st century.
As Synapticure plans to expand to serve more ALS patients in new ways, we are hiring an Engineering Manager to help build out our Patient/Caregiver Application, Care Coordination and EHR product. We are a seed-stage company and much of the work will be focused on working collaboratively to launch MVPs and iterate on them with our Product, Design, and Care teams.
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to groom the backlog and identify work plans for the Engineering Team.
- Create technical designs.
- Write code (75% of the time) and give feedback on others’ code ensuring quality code is shipped.
- Build and directly manage a team of Engineers. Short-term hiring plans include hiring two new Sr Engineers.
- 5+ years of professional technical experience delivering software as part of a development team.
- 2+ years leading teams of software engineers.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity working with PHI in a HIPAA-compliant environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts.
- Skilled in mentoring teammates.
- Past experience working with and managing distributed teams.
- Clear communication, both written and verbal.
- Startup mindset - thrive in ambiguity and fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Significant experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Familiarity with the healthcare systems/IT.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems
- 100% remote.
- Competitive salary and vacation.
- Stock options.
- Generous health, dental, vision and parental leave policies.
- Company 401k Match
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you're excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Synapticure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
Why you should join Synapticure
The era of personalized care is finally coming to ALS. Synapticure gives all ALS patients access to the best care while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments for every type of ALS.