Vice President of Payer and Health Systems at Synapticure
About the role
Synapticure aims to provide neurodegenerative patients, starting with ALS, access to the best care while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments for every type of ALS. We. do so by providing end-to-end clinical care using our telemedicine platform to guide patients through their entire care journey. We are devoted to helping patients, from guidance on care and insurance to providing the full spectrum of investigational and clinical testing to improve outcomes. Synapticure was built by leading patient and caregiver advocates alongside leading ALS clinicians, biotech executives and telemedicine executives to bring the ALS care and treatment experience into the 21st century, and is backed by the leading Venture funds and Angel investors in the remote health and life sciences space.
The Vice President of Payer and Health Systems will execute Health System and Payer contracts on behalf of Synapticure and our Covered Entity Partner, CareND, and coordinate the implementation of our partnerships to streamline the ALS patient experience. This role will serve as a key member in an early-stage Health Technology company with the goal of using data, technology and innovation to disrupt the way neurological disease is treated.
- Work with leadership to develop Synapticure’s revenue strategy(ies) designed to maximize telemedicine potential and patient access.
- Initiate and nurture both regional and national health system and payer relationships with strong focus on helping the market understand Synapticure’s unique value proposition.
- Develop and negotiate creative payer partnership models that advance Synpaticure’s mission to bring high quality care to as much of the market as possible.
- Analyze and prioritize payer and value-based care opportunities including building depth in the variety of partner models Synapticure may pursue.
- Support Synapticure’s contracting efforts by building high-level relationships and partnerships with key organizations.
- Build awareness in the organization on how best to work with and leverage partnerships.
- Work cross-functionally as a key member of the leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of work experience in telemedicine or healthcare services.
- 2+ years of negotiating payer contracts and with major hospital systems
- Understanding and familiarity with critical components of both clinical and research partnerships.
- Experience with telehealth services and billing.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you're excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Synapticure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
Why you should join Synapticure
The era of personalized care is finally coming to ALS. Synapticure gives all ALS patients access to the best care while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments for every type of ALS.