Backend Developer at Tahora
About the role
We're looking for a backend engineer with API, Database, Node and Cloud experience:
- SQL, Postgres/Aurora
- AWS or similar Cloud
- Terraform (Nice to have)
- GraphQL (Nice to have)
As we are in our earliest days at Tahora, just as important as the technical skills, are the values and way we work together. So, if working in a fast-growing startup that is trying to make every employee feel like they belong in the workplace excites you, let's chat 🙂!
🛠️ The Role
You will lead on the backend function of the Tahora app and web dashboard, reporting directly into the Head of Engineering.
- The ideal team member will be someone who is a who is obsessed with the backend functionality, scalability, security and speed of the solution
- Accountable for the delivery, quality, and performance of the mobile platform
- Work closely with the founders Head of Engineering to assist with the technology strategy and execute on the mission
- Build and manage tech leads across multiple cross-functional product teams
- Ensure we develop technology that is built for scale
- Working with leaders within the product team and senior management team to help shape the product and technical roadmap
📖 You should apply if
You are experienced in API’s, Databases, Node and Cloud development
- You share our values and passionate about improving mental wellbeing and community
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- Experience with running containers or code on cloud systems and running databases/networks on cloud.
Why you should join Tahora
We are on a mission to transform the social experience in the workplace, through improved community and wellbeing, to make employees happier and more engaged.