Forward Deployed Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/d) at Taktile
About the role
Taktile is a technology company building cloud-native software that underpins the financial products of the future. We focus on financial services, because they are a critical backbone of modern society, helping individuals and companies finance their dreams and insure against adverse scenarios. Our goal is to become the leading AI Platform for the banking industry and our software is already being used to underwrite hundreds of thousands of loans every day.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans with extensive experience building and running production ML in financial services. Our team consists of engineers, entrepreneurs, and researchers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience at leading tech companies, startups, and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, firstminute Capital and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.
What You'll Do
- As a Forward Deployed MLE, you will design, develop, and deploy machine learning applications to solve customers' problems.
- From data preparation to algorithm development in Python, you will use your deep understanding of both traditional statistics and modern ML methods. Your preference for creative and pragmatic ways to solve customer problems will help you deliver value to our customers quickly.
- You will interact closely with our customers, take responsibility for stakeholder management, and spend time at our customers' sites if needed. You care deeply about our customers' needs and constantly monitor and mitigate technical and project risks.
- You will work with product management to translate your knowledge of customer problems into product insights.
- Analyze usage patterns, troubleshoot, and enhance the customer's user experience of Taktile's platform. This requires knowing the product's codebase well enough to support debugging and triaging efforts.
Ideal, but not required
- Experience designing A/B tests and experiments for causal estimation
- Understanding of cloud architecture and computing concepts
- Understanding of databases types and trade-offs
- Domain expertise in the financials services industry (banking, insurance, capital markets, payments, etc.)
- Proficiency in German, or a willingness to learn
- We're eager to meet talented and driven candidates regardless of whether they tick all the boxes. We're looking for someone who will add to our culture, not just fit within it. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underestimated and underrepresented in tech to apply.
- We seek to actively recognize and combat racism, sexism, ableism and ageism. We embrace and support all gender identities and expressions, and celebrate love in its many forms. We won't inquire about how you identify or if you've experienced discrimination, but if you want to tell your story, we are all ears.
Why you should join Taktile
Taktile creates software products that enable our customers from the financial services industry to use their data to solve business problems they could not solve before.
We are convinced that ML/AI are very powerful tools that can make the world a better and wealthier place. Taktile exists to speed up the adoption of those tools and increase their positive impact on business and society.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans spanning the insurance, banking, and asset management markets. Our team consists of entrepreneurs, researchers, and engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience in leading tech companies, top management consulting and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.