Senior UX/UI Designer (f/m/d) at Taktile
About the role
What You'll Do
- Establish qualitative and quantitative user research processes for a variety of different kinds of interactions, from formal user interviews to informal industry expert conversations to sales calls
- Iterate rapidly with early customers to define the experience of engaging with our product, from scoping user's problems and defining workflows to creating mocks and conducting research to (in)validate key hypotheses
- Work proactively and independently to define a world-class user experience for our users and collaborate with engineers to deliver that experience
- Leverage your product expertise to find creative solutions to modernize legacy processes in enterprises, contributing to strategic decisions about the future direction of Taktile's products
- Shape Taktile's visual identity across channels and develop our design language and processes without supervision
- Come into the office (in Berlin) at least a couple of days a week, once the COVID-19 pandemic lets up
- Learn together with your co-workers, by following your intellectual curiosity to discover more about new markets and technologies as well as by participating in our active feedback culture
Ideal, But Not Required
- Experience using Figma to wireframe and prototype
- Familiarity with the principles of Material Design
- Ability to code in React and Typescript
- Proficiency in German, or a willingness to learn
- Work with colleagues that lift you up, challenge you, celebrate you and help you grow. We come from many different backgrounds, but what we have in common is the desire to operate at the very top of our fields. If you are similarly capable, caring, and driven, you'll find yourself at home here.
- Make an impact and meaningfully shape an early-stage company.
- Experience a truly flat hierarchy and communicate directly with founding team members. Having an opinion and voicing your ideas is not only welcome but encouraged, especially when they challenge the status quo.
- Learn from experienced mentors and achieve tremendous personal and professional growth. Get to know and leverage our network of leading tech investors and advisors around the globe.
- Receive a top-of-market equity and cash compensation package.
- Get access to a self-development budget you can use to e.g. attend conferences, buy books or take classes
- Use the equipment of your choice including meaningful home office setup during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Make use of our relocation support if you're moving to Berlin. We can help with immigration.
- We're eager to meet talented and driven candidates regardless of whether they tick all the boxes. We're looking for someone who will add to our culture, not just fit within it. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underestimated and underrepresented in tech to apply.
- We seek to actively recognize and combat racism, sexism, ableism and ageism. We embrace and support all gender identities and expressions, and celebrate love in its many forms. We won't inquire about how you identify or if you've experienced discrimination, but if you want to tell your story, we are all ears.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and design portfolio to email@example.com.
Why you should join Taktile
Taktile creates software products that enable our customers from the financial services industry to use their data to solve business problems they could not solve before.
We are convinced that ML/AI are very powerful tools that can make the world a better and wealthier place. Taktile exists to speed up the adoption of those tools and increase their positive impact on business and society.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans spanning the insurance, banking, and asset management markets. Our team consists of entrepreneurs, researchers, and engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience in leading tech companies, top management consulting and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.