Engineering Team Lead at Taplytics
About the role
Taplytics is currently seeking an Engineering Team Lead to manage a team of bright engineers and help us tackle unique technical challenges! We run at a very large scale on AWS delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
At Taplytics we’re building software for teams like our own. Our product team gets to use our own tools day-in and day-out. We find it extremely fun and rewarding to build something to make our own lives better, as well as the lives of our friends and colleagues.
To learn more about our platform, you can check out our Youtube page here!
About the Role: Engineering Team Lead
As our Engineering Team Lead, you’ll get to lead and manage a team of talented Software Engineers working together to build and expand our A/B Testing and Feature Flag solutions Taplytics will rely on you to manage the individual growth of your team members, plan upcoming projects, and increase operational efficiency. You’ll also be delivering on technical requirements, from time to time.
Here’s a breakdown:
Leadership: You'll motivate, coach, mentor, and grow a team of developers, ensuring they feel that they are advancing in their roles and know what they need to do to succeed.
Team Delivery: You’ll help the team accomplish its objectives with precision and speed using an Agile mindset. You will collaborate closely with your partners in Design and Product Management to build a roadmap for your team and contribute to the prioritization of business goals and technical direction.
Personal Delivery: You’ll remain a contributor to the codebase, aiming to spend 20 - 30% of your time writing and reviewing code.
Our microservices are powered by various backend systems, including: MongoDB, Snowflake, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch.
How you’ll make a huge impact:
- Accelerate the team by focusing them on the highest priorities and removing roadblocks.
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment.
- 1:1s with your team members to give and gather feedback on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the business.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Actively work to inform and be informed, keeping all stakeholders up to date.
- Own agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with the team to improve processes and policies such as team meetings, tech debt management, and education programs.
- Participate in the recruiting and onboarding process for the team.
- Contribute to the codebase, technical tasks, and code reviews.
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously.
- Be accountable for overall team output.
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- At least 5 years experience in the field.
- Previous experience in a leadership role or leading projects would be an asset, but not required. We’re also open to a software engineer with the desire to get into a management track.
- Experience with high volume, high availability systems.
- Great to get along with and can communicate complex technical issues.
- Experience deploying and maintaining continuous integration and deployment.
What you’ll get from us:
At Taplytics, our 50+ person team works with some of the world’s best-known brands on very complex technical challenges. Our culture of trying new processes, new tech and new ideas means you’ll add valuable experience to your resume quickly. While you’re working to grow the company, we’ll have your back with a competitive salary, Employee Stock Options, unlimited vacation, and health benefits starting day one
The future at Taplytics is extremely bright, and by joining us at this early stage, you’ll be getting the opportunity to help us build and grow a company that we can all be proud of. Apply now and come join the fun!
Why you should join Taplytics
Born at Y Combinator in Silicon Valley and now based in Toronto, Taplytics helps amazing companies like RBC, Zappos, Grubhub, and Chick-fil-A deliver incredible customer experiences with our intelligent suite of experimentation, engagement, and analytics solutions. Our platform runs on over a billion devices around the world and processes over a trillion monthly events. Big numbers, but we’re just getting started – growing our company from here is a complex and compelling challenge for the right person.
Our vision is a world where companies can deliver engaging and highly personalized experiences to all of their users, no matter which device they’re using. Experiences that feel like magic, make their users smile, and turn them into lifelong customers.
And the exciting part? The world is ready. Customers are demanding these experiences and companies are rapidly investing in the technology to make it happen.
But, we need your help. Taplytics is growing fast in Toronto and we are searching for the talent to make our dream a reality. Taplytics has a bright future. Come grow your career with us.