Manager, Sales Development at Teleport
About the role
Teleport enables engineers to quickly access any computing resource anywhere on the planet. Our open source products provide a Unified Access Plane for developers and security professionals seeking to simplify secure access to servers, applications, and data across all environments. Teleport is built by Gravitational, a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
We are looking for a Manager for our Sales Development (SDR) team. We already have 4 SDRs and are on a growth trajectory to double that next year. This is a new position and reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. In this role, you will be responsible for building and scaling up our SDR function - hire, develop, train, mentor, coach, and motivate. To be successful in this role, you should find joy and excitement in what the team can accomplish and you should be detail oriented, but not a micromanager.
We need someone who:
- Has a proven track record as an SDR in a comparable space - B2B software sales
- Proven success in driving pipeline generation through inbound and outbound prospecting strategies
- Has a technical understanding and experience (2+ years) selling products and interacting with Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security professionals - our champions are Engineering, IT and DevSecOps professionals
- Has had prior team leadership experience (2+ years) leading highly functional SDR teams in the past
- Prior SDR management experience is not a requirement, but would be preferred
- Ready to roll up their sleeves and be scrappy - we hire people who are ready to hustle, work with everyone, and get the job done
What we expect from you:
- Work with sales and marketing to define and refine process and strategy to improve the effectiveness of the function
- Work with individual Sales Executives and sales management to keep abreast of their perceptions and needs
- Identify, hire, and mentor top talent
- Motivate and empower the team to be successful in a distributed remote environment
- Regularly report on key individual and team metrics to identify strengths and areas for improvement
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Why you should join Teleport
Gravitational, a series-A stage systems & cloud startup is looking for ambitious and talented people.
We are well-funded by fantastic Silicon Valley investors. We are an experienced team: we founded Mailgun which was acquired by Rackspace, we created Vulcand and some other cool stuff at Rackspace and are authors of Teleport Telekube and Teleconsole