Sales Engineer at Teleport
About the role
Teleport enables engineers to quickly access any computing resource anywhere on the planet. Our open source products provide a Unified Access Plane for developers and security professionals seeking to simplify secure access to servers, applications, and data across all environments. Teleport is built by Gravitational, a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
We help engineers securely deploy and access their applications anywhere on this planet by erasing security and deployment boundaries between networks and cloud providers.
Our total addressable market is large and quickly expanding - any company that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies).
As a Sales Engineer, you will help the sales team drive revenue growth by evangelizing our technology via demos and technical discussions. You will get to collaborate with infrastructure engineering and security teams at the most sophisticated technology companies in the world. Most importantly, you will help these companies solve problems and get exposed to the latest ideas in technology.
We are looking for a customer-facing Sales Engineer who has experience working with open source technology and familiarity with traditional infrastructure networking and security and modern cloud-native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
We need someone who:
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. We are looking for people that are energized by technology and will work closely work with our sales reps and founders to solve business challenges.
- Has a high technical aptitude and confidence in interacting with Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security professionals. Our champions are Engineering, IT and InfoSec professionals, so you need to be on their level.
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Demonstrates a high level of empathy, resilience, and humility.
- Doesn’t mind helping across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc.
- 5+ years software engineer and/or sales engineer management experience at SAAS, Open Source or Enterprise Software company.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing trends and open source business models.
- Strong listening and storytelling skills.
- The ability to lead discussions with Infrastructure and InfoSec Engineers.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with the Zero Trust Security Model.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Why you should join Teleport
Gravitational, a series-A stage systems & cloud startup is looking for ambitious and talented people.
We are well-funded by fantastic Silicon Valley investors. We are an experienced team: we founded Mailgun which was acquired by Rackspace, we created Vulcand and some other cool stuff at Rackspace and are authors of Teleport Telekube and Teleconsole