Senior Full Stack Engineer / Engineering Lead at Tenyks
About the role
Senior Full Stack Engineer / Engineering Lead
As a senior full stack software engineer, you will drive the development of our core user-facing application, help us define the product vision, and play a pivotal role in building and leading an A* team!
Our current tech stack is ReactJS frontend + Python Flask backend powered by machine learning algorithms that have been developed over the course of 4 years, served using docker and AWS. You will have the opportunity to take complete ownership of major aspects of our product. We will trust you to solve our most difficult challenges and empower you to constantly learn about better ways of serving our customers. Finally, you will have an outsized impact of defining not only the technical roadmap but the entire culture of the company.
- Drive product development of our user-facing web application, both through incremental improvement and entirely novel features.
- Improve our existing technical foundations, and design our technical strategy & architecture.
- Help us build and nurture an outstanding engineering team.
- Work closely with our customers to build the right product that lets them succeed.
- Be outstanding and set the tone for everyone in the company!
What you need to succeed
- 7+ years of professional experience building SaaS products, ideally with React + Python flask (+ docker is nice to have).
- Experience with highly interactive or data-intensive web applications.
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in producing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- The ability to work in an unstructured, self-directed environment.
- A love for building, especially novel product experiences.
- Care and empathy for users. We fall in love with our users, not our products.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.
- Experience with Computer vision is a bonus.
Why you should join Tenyks
Tenyks is a University of Cambridge spin-out inventing the way humanity interacts with AI to protect and delight. To protect the world from the misuse of AI, but also to ensure that AI is developed with passion, excitement, and joy!
We are building an MLOps monitoring and validation platform that helps AI developers working with computer vision data to build more reliable software faster. Specifically, our platform helps ML developers understand what's wrong with their software and fix it. Imagine all the tools you use to develop software that need to be reimagined and created for the AI world.
At Tenyks we set our goals ridiculously high and stick together to go further than anything previously imaginable. We start small, work hard, and deliver fast, embracing the inevitable obstacles with open hearts because challenges fuel our burning desire for learning. Tenyksians make no distinction between work and play. We simply pursue our vision of excellence, leaving others to decide whether we are working or playing.
We are a remote-first team, consisting of 3 PhDs and 1 MPhil in Explainable AI that has now raised substantial seed funding from leading UK, EU, and BG investors (more on this soon!).