Full Stack Web Developer at Tenyks
About the role
As a full stack Web Developer, you will drive the development of our core user-facing application and help us define the product vision. You will have the opportunity to take complete ownership of major aspects of our product. We will trust you to solve our most difficult challenges and empower you to constantly learn about better ways of serving our customers. Finally, you will have an outsized impact of defining not only the technical roadmap but the entire culture of the company.
Our tech stack consists of a ReactJS (including d3.js graph rendering) + Python Flask + MongoDB web app served across multiple Docker containers on AWS. The backend is powered by our patent-pending machine learning algorithms that have been developed over the course of 4 years.
- Build an exquisite web-based product that delivers massive value
- Improve our existing technical foundations, and influence our technical direction and strategy.
- Work closely with our customers to build the right product that lets them succeed.
- Be a great person and set the tone for everyone on the team!
What you need to succeed
- 3+ years of professional development experience with ReactJS
- Production Python experience, and at least one modern framework (flask, Django, Tornado, FastAPI, etc) + docker is nice to have.
- Experience in producing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience with highly interactive or data-intensive web applications (e.g. D3.js)
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- The ability to work in an unstructured, self-directed environment.
- A love for building, especially novel product experiences.
- Care and empathy for users. We fall in love with our users, not our products.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly. Experience with Computer vision is a bonus.
Why you should join Tenyks
Tenyks is a University of Cambridge spin-out inventing the way humanity interacts with AI to protect and delight. To protect the world from the misuse of AI, but also to ensure that AI is developed with passion, excitement, and joy!
We are building an MLOps monitoring and validation platform that helps AI developers working with computer vision data to build more reliable software faster. Specifically, our platform helps ML developers understand what's wrong with their software and fix it. Imagine all the tools you use to develop software that need to be reimagined and created for the AI world.
At Tenyks we set our goals ridiculously high and stick together to go further than anything previously imaginable. We start small, work hard, and deliver fast, embracing the inevitable obstacles with open hearts because challenges fuel our burning desire for learning. Tenyksians make no distinction between work and play. We simply pursue our vision of excellence, leaving others to decide whether we are working or playing.
We are a remote-first team, consisting of 3 PhDs and 1 MPhil in Explainable AI that has now raised substantial seed funding from leading UK, EU, and BG investors (more on this soon!).