TetraScience provides the world’s first and only R&D Data Cloud, with a mission to transform life sciences R&D, accelerate discovery, and improve human life. Scientists at global pharma and biotech organizations rely on our innovative Tetra Data Platform for easy access to centralized, harmonized, and actionable scientific data to accelerate their digital lab transformation. With best-in-class SaaS performance, a team of industry innovators, and excellent product/market fit, Tetra is positioned to become an iconic life sciences software company.
What You Will Do:
- Own, define, communicate, and drive our technical vision, architectural strategy for Tetra Data Platform
- Create architecture blueprints and development best practices for major initiatives
- Support and advise executive leadership regarding technical and architectural feasibility, implications, readiness, security, and compliance.
- Provide key inputs into technology evaluation and technology planning activities
- Communicate the architecture to the engineering and product teams, customers, and stakeholders.
- Mentor and train another team member on design techniques, systems architecture, and coding standards
- Drive innovations that improve the scalability, availability, resiliency, and performances of services and products
- Stay on the cutting edge of emerging technology, forging key relationships with peers
- Provide thought leadership and represent TetraScience at industry and technology conferences
- 15+ years experience designing and building highly scalable, mission-critical distributed software systems
- Significant experience with AWS, Services architecture, and web-scale design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to drive architectural vision for a company or highly scalable line of products
- Proven success in working in a start-up environment
- Hands-on experience in building Platform Architecture and Microservices / Containerization technologies
- Proficient in Python and web-scale technologies
- Experience with ETL, data integration, data pipelines, and data lakes
- Fast and efficient learner and worker
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability and desire to communicate and influence at the executive level
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table.
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to influence organizational change from an enterprise-architecture perspective over a sustained period without steamrolling or frustration
- 100% employer-paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO).
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote work + office as needed.
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD.